NoA makes some weird decisions...

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by UncleBob, Mar 30, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

While looking around Nintendo's online store, I noticed that they'd added the Team Magma/Team Aqua cards to their list of e-Reader cards Which is odd, since there are so few e-Reader cards in the set.

What was even more strange is that they added the two pre-constructed theme decks to the list of e-Reader cards that you can order from the store. Which is even more strange, since the pre-cons don't have a single e-Card in them.

Well, I got to thinking about the disclaimer that's been printed on the card packages and deck boxes since Expedition - "Some cards do not contain data to scan"... I got to wondering, dug out the pre-con boxes... Sure enough, it was still there on the bottom of the Dragon boxes... but it was missing from the Team Aqua and Team Magma theme decks.... They do have the e-Reader logo on them, along with the copyright infomation on the Dot Code Technology and such... Weird.

You'd think having that stuff on the box, someone might pick up the boxes thinking they're e-Reader compatible, when there's no e-Cards in them at all... and no disclaimer warning that "some/all cards do not contain data to scan"... Weird, eh?

2. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

They probably realize that you're the only one that collects the cards for the E reader capabilities so they don't bother printing that anymore. You know to save on the cost of ink.

3. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

dots are very expensive ;)

4. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

I'm sure the majority of the cost is a liscencing fee paid to Olympus.

5. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

That's just mean. :(

6. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

okay licensed dots are expensive ;)

That better? VBG