Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

North Texas~Prereleases

****NORTH TEXAS~GREAT ENCOUNTERS PRERELEASES****

Pokemon players from the North Texas area, MP Birch will host three prereleases in our neck of the woods!!! You have all read the release from "Pokemon USA, Inc." about this set of new cards. There sure to be many playable cards for the upcoming "State Championships". Enjoy the details for our prereleases.

Will we see you at all THREE?

* Get more NEW Diamond & Pearl Pokémon!
* Get powerful new Pokémon LV.X …3…4…5…How many will we see?
* Get two brand-new Legendary Pokémon: Cresselia and a mysterious, powerful Pokémon...
* Over 100 cards in all!
* Featuring three theme decks built around the new Diamond & Pearl Pokémon!
* Another GREAT pack of Deck Sleeves with Great Encounters Art!!!

:clap: Date: February 2, 2008
:clap:
6500 Northwest Drive, Suite #385
Mesquite, Texas 75150
Starts: 1:00PM
Entry Fee: $25.00
Side Event: Booster Draft ($20.00 or $15.00 if you have played in the prerelease. After the main event.)

:clap: Date: February 9, 2008 :clap:
5276 Trail Lake Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76133
Starts: 12:00PM
Side Event: Booster Draft ($20.00 or $15.00 if you have played in the prerelease. After the main event.)

:clap: Date: February 10, 2008
:clap:
119 North Sunset Blvd.
Sherman, Texas 75092
Starts: 11:30AM

PRERELEASE: Tournament Structure~Modified Limited

Three Age Divisions:
>> Juniors (born in 1997 or later)
>> Seniors (born in 1993, 1994, 1995, or 1996)
>> Masters (born in 1992 or earlier)

Format – Sealed Deck (6 booster packs provided) Age Modified Swiss (all players play in every round)

Players will receive:

* Exclusive Promo and Great Encounters Card Sleeves (while supplies last)
* All Players get 2 additional Great Encounters boosters when they complete the tournament!!!

THEME DECK CHALLENGE:
If you are just learning to play Pokémon, you might be interested in a more casual format. Instead of the main Prerelease tournament, you can participate in a theme deck challenge, which will be a non-sanctioned tournament. You will be given a brand new Great Encounters theme deck to battle with. Everyone wins an additional 4 Great Encounters boosters and a pack of Great Encounters Card Sleeves when they complete the tournament. Parents can help their younger children, or children can help their parents learn the game. Learn to play the game, get the new cards and have a lot of FUN in the process. You can’t lose! Quantities of Theme Decks are limited, so priority will be given to beginners.

SIDE EVENT TOURNAMENTS:
Following the main tournament we will run side events using the new Great Encounters boosters. We can do a booster draft. These are fun and a great way to get more of the great new cards that you want.

Again, we hope to see you at these prereleases. Come and join in the fun and get the new cards from "Great Encounters"!!!

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Can't wait to see the new cards. Hopefully something that will change the prevelance of Absol. I saw it plenty hardly ever played against it to my benefit probably :biggrin:

Feb. 2nd is Groundhogs Day. What pokemon will be out looking for their shadow?

No Basketball game on David's schedule that day so count us in. Let me know if you need any help.

Feb. 2nd is Groundhogs Day. What pokemon will be out looking for their shadow?

No Basketball game on David's schedule that day so count us in. Let me know if you need any help.

You didn't know!? Birch goes on the woods and finds the holy Sandshrew. If it sees it shadow we will have 6 more years of pokemon TCG's it been going strong so far. *crosses fingers*

I will be there on the 2nd :eek: yeah I will make an appearanc at a prerelease.:biggrin:

Looks like Absol is here to stay! (from ALL the spoilers I have read) :frown:

Might still be around but with Porygon 2 and Togekiss giving some abilities to get things going a little quicker might make a difference. I like the idea of being able to play something to get an energy and/or basic pokemon and then discarding another for an evolution or just playing a draw with discarding another. Seems there will be some chances to make a hand bigger with this new stuff or at least power up a few pokemon without ending ones turn.

Might still be around but with Porygon 2 and Togekiss giving some abilities to get things going a little quicker might make a difference. I like the idea of being able to play something to get an energy and/or basic pokemon and then discarding another for an evolution or just playing a draw with discarding another. Seems there will be some chances to make a hand bigger with this new stuff or at least power up a few pokemon without ending ones turn.

Its an ok card to me..I like Claydol better if Im going to waste a couple spots for something like that.

Prerelease

I look forward to seeing you guys there. Finally all the rumors floating around the internet about
which cards will be there can go away. Crossing fingers for EONS!:pokeball:

Its an ok card to me..I like Claydol better if Im going to waste a couple spots for something like that.

LOL. That sounds like you put a little harshness in that. Anyways I'm looking for Darkrais as well. You just like Claydol because it has your name in it.(JK)

Last edited:
Alright, prere time yet again. As usual, you can expect me at Mesquite and Fort Worth, Birch. See ya in half a month.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, looks like I won't be at any prerelease soon, or states, or regionals, I will be in Florida for all those tournys. So I wish you all luck and I hope to see you all at Nats.

Is "Y2Komics" still there (in business)??? I mailed flyers to the store and they were returned. :redface::redface: Thanks for any info.

Yes, only five more days until the "Mesquite~Great Encounters Prerelease"!!! :biggrin::biggrin: I am looking forward to seeing the new cards first hand!!! :thumb::thumb:

:pokeball: MP Birch :pokeball:

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Pokemon players, don't forget that the "Great Encounters Prereleases" start this weekend (on Saturday) at "Insanity Cards & Games" in Mesquite!!! Next, next weekend we will be at "Y2Komics" in Fort Worth and "Fantasy Quest" in Sherman. Come on out and enjoy the new cards and all of the PokeFun!!!

MP Birch

Last edited:
~PokeManics~

Only 13-hours and 23-minutes until the start of registration for the "Great Encounters Prerelease" at "Insanity Cards & Games" in Mesquite!!! :thumb::thumb: I can't wait to see those new cards!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

:pokeball: MP Birch & MPB3 :pokeball:

Back