WHEN:
Saturday, May 14, 2005

WHERE:
Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel & Conference Center
2 Meadowlands Plaza, East Rutherford, NJ 07073

REGISTRATION & START TIMES:
Registration is from 10:00 - 11:00 AM
Tournament starts at 11:30 AM
All participants must fill out a deck registration form. You can download the form at:
http://members.aol.com/PokeMeBob/RegionalsDeckReg.doc

In order to speed up the registration process and start the tournament on time, you are encouraged to bring a completed deck registration form to the event, and arrive at the tournament early to allow enough time for registration and deck checks. Don’t forget your POP ID# and damage counters.

ENTRY FEE:
Free

MODIFIED FORMAT:
This is a MODIFIED CONSTRUCTED tournament. Modified decks may only include cards from the following Pokémon sets:
Ruby & Sapphire, Sandstorm, Dragon, Team Magma vs. Team Aqua, Hidden Legends, Fire Red & Leaf Green, Team Rocket Returns, Deoxys, Emerald, EX: Trainer Kit, POP Series 1 promo cards, Black Star Promo cards numbered 001 and higher, basic energy cards from any set. Cards from the World Championships Decks are not legal.

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE:
Three age-separated Swiss tournaments will run simultaneously, one for each of the following age groups: 10 and under, 11-14, and 15 and up. Swiss rounds will be single-game matches. At the end of Swiss rounds, the top players in each age group will participate in single elimination final matches (best 2 out of 3 games) do determine the final standings.

RAFFLE:
Every player who enters the tournament will receive a raffle ticket upon registration. Raffle prizes will be awarded at the end of Swiss Rounds. Raffle prizes are...
Fire Red Leaf Green Mobile
Deoxys Mobile
Jumbo Pokemon Card Back
Jumbo Makuhita Card
Deoxys Poster
Framed Set of Target Promos
State Championships Notebook and Pen
POP Card Folder
Japanese Legendary Birds 3-Ring Binder
Complete POP Series 1 Set
Holo Kyogre and Groudon Promos 001 and 002
Pokemon Center Rapidash and Ho-oh Promos #51 and 52
Professor-stamped Prof. Oak’s Research
Professor-stamped Basic Energy Set
Signed Multi Energy Winner Promo
Signed Jumbo Legendary Birds Promo
Deoxys Booster Box
Pikachu Squishy
Mewtwo Plush
POP Tote Bag

CARD SLEEVES:

The newly introduced “art-backed” card sleeves will be permitted. However, reflective-backed sleeves (plain, patterned, or with graphics) will NOT be permitted. Please plan accordingly.

MORE INFORMATION:
For more information about Regionals, the Modified Format, and the Pokémon Floor Rules, go to the Pokémon Organized Play website at www.op.Pokemon-tcg.com Still have questions? Contact Tom at TJ Collectibles, 160 Main Street, Milford MA 01757 (508) 473-5874 www.tjcollect.com

PRIZES:
All participants receive a Regional Championship promo card just for entering, while supplies last. Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category. Our age categories are 10 & Under, 11-14, and 15 and up. The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place
A Pokémon TCG Regional Champion Trophy
An invitation to the Pokémon TCG World Championships in August 2005
A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championships.
A scholarship award worth $1500
A $300 travel allowance to attend the Origins International Game Expo and participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships. This award will be given on-site at the event.
Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place
A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
An invitation to the Pokémon World Championships in August 2005
A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championship.
A scholarship award worth $1000

3rd Place
A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
A scholarship award worth $500

4th Place
A scholarship award worth $500

5th through 8th Place
A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

Last edited:
BOB,
Great to see your doing both northeast and new england regionals. Guarenteed to be at milford regionals but im still up in the air for the northeast regionals due to im stuck on going there or greensboro,nc regional. I am also happy your regionals is gonan be after the release of emerald so we can all use the newest cards in milford. :biggrin:

I'll be there with the whole Chu crew. ;) Can't wait for everyone..this'll be the first real event with the TJ Crew and NY gang coming together. Should be awesome!

And yeah, Jon, NJ isn't in the Northeast region. Guess they couldn't find a venue in NY. ;p

~Chu

COOL IT'S IN NJ!! and Funny ..that day is my mom B-day too
and it's only half hour or 2 hours away from were I live. I know I'm going to
Philly PA one..that only 25/30 mins away...

Maybe see you all there.If I can make it to this one ^.^

Magnechu said:
I'll be there with the whole Chu crew. ;) Can't wait for everyone..this'll be the first real event with the TJ Crew and NY gang coming together. Should be awesome!

And yeah, Jon, NJ isn't in the Northeast region. Guess they couldn't find a venue in NY. ;p

~Chu

I was shocked when i found it to not be at rockefeller plaza. They get all premier events that NY is in the running for but i guess with the building of nintendo world they want to wait till another big event hits before they put it back at the plaza. Great to see it close to the old home of the ECSTS and i am still debating if im gonna take the trip to jersey for this one or NC for sensei's regional.

Hopefully see ya all next month but if not ill see ya in milford. :thumb:

its not in rockefeller plaza probably because of 2 reasons:

1. its near the opening of "nintendo world" -_-
2. you guys think there's enough room? well...you guys just keep thinkin that. rockefeller plaza only has enough room for about 80 people. also, it would be PURE CHAOS if regionals was there.

Ah, memories of the Super Trainer Showdown.... :thumb:

I'll definitely be in attendence. Hoping for a great tournament!

Hello Everyone! We are running this in NJ because we were unable to find a suitable venue in NYC. I believe that everyone will love the Meadowlands Sheraton. The hotel rooms themselves are nice. The venue for our event is just over 5100 square feet. I am going down to look at the room in person next week. I believe that we should have seating somewhere around 375. The hotel has great access as it is in the meadowlands sports plex area(just 1 mile down the road). Many of you have already been there and know what I am talking about. This will be FUN.

looking forward to see you there
Tom

Bob its official,Im gonan be on the road to greensboro. sorry i cant support the place ive supported for years but sensei's tourney is there and i cant miss a good buddies toruney that now will represent 11 states. Ill be in milford so ill se ya there where i want to rule and finally beat ya all. :cool: 2n last tiem and working for 1st this time :biggrin:

Benlugia said:
its not in rockefeller plaza probably because of 2 reasons:

1. its near the opening of "nintendo world" -_-
2. you guys think there's enough room? well...you guys just keep thinkin that. rockefeller plaza only has enough room for about 80 people. also, it would be PURE CHAOS if regionals was there.

1. it opens the same day as the regionals >_<
2. thay cant hold a big event like that. If our league leader sees over 200 people there he will have a heart attack.

and im going to go to this regional so i have to miss the grand opening of nintendo world.

Professors Wanted

We are still looking for a couple of Professors who would like to judge at the Northeast Regional Championships on May 14 in the Meadowlands. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Tom Shea at [email protected]. Thanks for your help.

YAY!!! I found out we're coming to this Regionals..see you all there..well see you all Next Saturday
^.^
and I wish you all GoodLuck.. who's going to be there ^.^

Last edited:
Heh... I am gonna be there.....

As a JUDGE... :eek: :tongue: :eek:

Heh...

So... i will prolly play in the Philly one... But i am gonna be a Judge at this one... :biggrin: :thumb: :eek: :tongue:
Drew

Last edited:
Back