Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Northfield Battle Roads 1st Place

ShawofMordor

So my girlfriend's family was having a BBQ for her brothers' graduations at 4 so I went to the tournament which was earlier in the day in the same town.

I hadn't played since Regionals and I was going to make a deck but didn't get around to it. I ran G&G because it was all I had that I had tested.

Round 1 :

I don't recall exactly, but I won.

Round 2 : Tony w/ Empoleon/techs

So Tony was my biggest competition and I was a bit concerned going into this, seeing as I had heard Empoleon was great and I hadn't tested vs anything new yet.

Anyway, we both got pretty quick starts, mine was better. He had very little supporters but I didn't have much besides my attacker. I took a bunch of quick prizes but his Crystal Beaches slowed me down. I had two Windstorms and a Tauros but I started with the lone Taur so I couldn't use that to get rid of anything. He made things more difficult by using his Palkia X to bring my whatever out. Time was called and I was up a few prizes, but out of energy. I had a Night Maintenance, two Claydols and a Gardy and a Gallade though, so I would have won either way.

2-0

Round 3 : Someone w/ Empoleon

Hey, another Empoleon. This one didn't have Beach or Palkia X though, so I ran through it pretty quickly. I got a quick Gallade and just started KOing stuff.

3-0

Round 4 : Someone w/ Inferncatty

I got a slow start to his like turn two double apes, but he didn't know I had my Dusknoir and when he played down three Cattys I went to town with Gardevoir stopping his powers and Dusk scooping his Apes back to deck. He made a comeback once I couldn't scoop anything else and he did 150 to my Gardy X but in the end I won.

4-0

Top 2: Tony w/ Empoleon/techs

Hey finals with Tony.

Game 1: I had a weird start, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardy, but nothing else, Tony's was OK. He mulliganed like four times and I still had nothing, no energy. But I got ahead fast and kept it up. Tony couldn't really do anything and he scooped after like 20 minutes.

Game 2: My start was horrible again, Absol, Absol, Tauros, DRE, DRE, Scramble, Scramble. I went first and drew an energy. We went back and forth with him doing nothing and me discarding everything. I continued this until I got a setup and then beat him up a bit.

So 6-0, win. I'm sad I couldn't go to more but I was glad I won the only one I went to.

See you all at Nats.

shaw ftw!
good lucks at nats
havent seen u in awhile i gotta get to more events
next year i have a friend that is interested in playing and can drive
later dude
gabe

Way to go Shaw. If you need some ideas or cards for Nats let me know before next weekend and I will pack them so I will have them when I go out.

See ya there,
Drew

Back