Norwich Battle Road report - masters division

Discussion in 'Battle Roads' started by Jigglypuff666, Oct 28, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Jigglypuff666

Jigglypuff666 New Member

Report by: Jigglypuff666
    Deck: Infernacatty
    Event: Norwich Battle Roads
    Format: Modified (HP-DP)

I had a lot of trouble in deciding on the deck I was going to use. After a lot of help and thinking time, I ended up choosing Infernacatty. The reason I had some much trouble was because my metagame was kind of Water based, and I was expecting at least 3 Water decks, and I ended up not being disappointed (actually, I was. I was hoping for less!). However, after even more help from people from the team I’m in, I chose to add a brilliant tech that was discussed in the Infernacatty thread right here, on the PokéGym, Feraligatr (DF)! I had tested it and it was fairly helpful. Anyway, onto the list!

Pokémon (22)
    4 Chimchar (DP)
    2 Monferno (DP)
    3 Infernape (DP)
    1 Infernape Lv.X (DP)
    2 Skitty (CG)
    2 Skitty (PK)
    2 Delcatty (PK)
    2 Delcatty Ex (CG)
    1 Sableye (CG)
    1 Luvdisc (CG)
    1 Totodile (DF)
    1 Feraligatr (DF)

Trainers (22)
    2 Castaway
    2 Strength Charm
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Windstorm
    2 Holon Mentor
    4 T.V. Reporter
    2 Celio’s Network
    3 Professor Elm’s Training Method

Energy (16)
    4 Double Rainbow Energy
    12 Fire Energy

Strategy - Standard Infernacatty with a few techs. Luvdisc is just because I wanted another Sableye for the deck, but only had 1, so filled in with a Luvdisc. I’ve already said about Feraligatr. I was originally going 4 Windstorm, but since I wasn’t expecting too many Cessation Crystals or Battle Frontiers, I decided 3 was the way to go.

Round 1: vs. Josh A. (Flygon Ex (PK) + Magneton (PK))
    I helped him build the deck and played against it in a practice match before the tournament, so I knew what was in it. I had a quick set-up and T2 Flare Blitzed his Magnemite. Unfortunately, he had Rayquaza Ex (DF) on the bench, so started sniping a Chimchar. I tried to Meteor Punch it to death, but that didn’t work, so after Chimchar was KO-ed, I Flare Blitzed it. Quite quickly, a Flygon Ex (PK) and another Magnemite were KO-ed for the game.
    1-0

I was happy with that, so started to see what other people were playing. There were 3 Water decks, including the Empoleon deck I was expecting. However, another was being played by someone who I thought was going to play R-Gon. That person was…

Round 2: vs. Matt H. (Empoleon (DP) + Mawile (CG))
    Out of all of the decks in the world, it had to be this one. I start with Chimchar, DRE, Rare Candy, but no Infernape! Nothing to search for it either. However, he started with a Holon’s Castform! I start and Scratch. He uses T.V. Reporter and gets nothing useful. I still have no Infernape. Attach the Fire energy I drew and did 10. He did another T.V. Reporter and got nothing again. I won with a T3 Ember!
    2-0

After the game, Matt realised that he could’ve Scott-ed for a Holon Mentor on the first turn, so it was a bad miss-play on his part.

Now, lunch, were I went home and got folders, intending to some trades, which I did. Very useful. Also, in the masters age group, one other person had a 2-0 rating, and it wasn’t who I wanted…

Round 3: vs. Richard S. (Salamence Ex (DF) + Flygon Ex (DF) + Altaria Ex (DF) + Fearow (CG))
    Yes, the deck sounds odd, and I did find out it had 10 energy and 31 Pokémon (!), but it seemed annoyingly consistent. Anyway, I start with Sableye and him, Bagon. I Disable him for 4 turns while we set up. Annoyingly, he gets Flygon Ex out. However, I managed to get Feraligatr out with DRE attached! After Sableye got KO-ed (and Sand Damage be annoying to a Skitty and a Chimchar), I Drag Off-ed his Fearow for 40. He attached to something and passed. I KO-ed it, and he sends up Flygon Ex (again). He ended up KO-ing the Chimchar and hurts Feraligatr, but he also puts Spearow down, which duly gets KO-ed, only for ‘Gatr to get KO-ed, along with something else, I think. From there, I tried to mount a defence, but I didn’t have enough Fires in the Discard to KO Flygon Ex in 1 turn, which won him the game after Salamence Ex swept through an Infernape or 2, with the Lv.X version hurting it, and Delcatty ex KO-ing it. However, I still had 1 prize left, and a Flygon Ex got 3 prizes for him.
    2-1

I was now figuring out if I was in the top 2 or not, and figured out it was between me and one other person. Thankfully, it ended up being me!

Top 2: vs. Richard S. (Look up)
    Yippee?
    Game 1: He starts with Bagon, me with Chimchar, DRE and Infernape, but no Rare Candy! I start and Scratch. He attaches and does 20. I use T.V. Reporter and get, a Rare Candy! T2 win. Later, he realised that he actually forgot to draw, but it would’ve mattered.
    Game 2: I start with Luvdisc (and no energy), him with Bagon and Trapinch, I think. I think I start Even Gaming T2, where he couldn’t get anything set up. I ended up setting up and Flare Blitzed everything to win!

I won! I was so happy cause I really wanted that Victory Medal card. I also got 8 packs of a set that wasn’t even legal for the tournament (MT) and an acetate sheet of uncut Jungle Pokémon cards, 55 Kangaskan, 55 Vaporeon.

Pros:
    Winning
    Getting some cards I needed for my decks, in packs and trades
    Donks
    Having a great atmosphere throughout the day
    Getting the Victory Medal card and acetate sheet

Cons:
    Richard S. getting Time-Space Distortion in his 4 packs, and the winner of seniors getting Electivire Lv.x
    Having quite a low turn out, so low, there was only 1 junior (Josh H), so he won by default

All in all, a great day. Now all I need to do is work out where I’m going to put the acetate sheet…

2. afirule

afirule New Member

good job dude!

just a suggestion: why not ask to have this moved to the international section where more of our fellow brits can see it perhaps? :smile:

3. Jigglypuff666

Jigglypuff666 New Member

I did think of putting it there, but I wasn't sure if that would be the right place. Mind you, I didn't really think of it like that. But, now it's here, I'll leave it.
    Thanks!