Nothing up My Sleave(Slide of Hand)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by BLiZzArD, Jan 13, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

24 Pokemon

2 Dunsparce
    3 Wynaut
    3 Wobbuffet
    4 Bagon (combustion)
    3 Shelgon (rolling attack)
    3 Salamence (Dragon Claw)
    3 Nincada
    3 Shedinja

16 Trainers

3 Dual ball
    3 Master ball
    3 Switch
    3 TV Reporter
    4 Professor Birch

20 Energy

6 water
    6 Fire
    4 Rainbow
    4 Multi

stall with Wobby and Sedinja power up Salemence and start Dragon winding there weak pokemon to the active spot dragon claw for the ko

Last edited: Jan 15, 2004
  2. Pablo

Pablo New Member

sounds nice, youve got protection against the big hitters with wobb and shedinja, plus with salamence you ko the weak basics the opponent plays to ko your shedinja's, sounds nice, i would try and fit in 2 ninjask (rare version) with loose shell, to get shed faster and also to deal solid damage and then retreat for shed/wobb. I think this deck needs switches though, for wobb/saladmence. the energy switch could be dropped for the switches i guess.

3. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

there are 3 switches in the deck already and I've been reading the BAR post and I think this deck stands a chance against it ray can't hit me I Dragon wind your basics and ko em out b4 you can evo them
    BLiZ

4. Pablo

Pablo New Member

oops i didnt see the switch, then id drop the energy switches anyway, and add something like POR, you are lacking something which constantly gives you a new hand.

5. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

I'm new to PokeGym and don't have many qualifications, but loads of experience, so here's what I can tell you:

Your trainers need improvement. There's better seraching capability than Fast Ball, Master Ball and Dual Ball. Ditch three master ball for three Forest Guardian, it does the same thing but lets you pick any card, so it is superior to master ball in almost every way. Fast Ball is too risky since you have three evolutions in this deck. Maybe switch them for three PETM, this will work okay. The pokenav absolutely have to go, unless you use Oracle instead of PETM to take evolutions off the top of your deck. Put in three ER 2 instead. Nine supporters is probably pushing it, but unless you face Armaldo, this is a Supporter dependent deck, since your biggest aspect is board control. Dual Ball is alright, but you might want to get rid of them and put in two Dunsparce. Then get rid of one Nincada since you have you much basic searching ability and add one fire and one water energy. Then take out one Shelgon and one Wynaut and add two buffer piece to stop Shedinja from fainting after weak attacks from basics.

So your new deck looks like this:

2 Wynaut
    3 Wobbuffet
    4 Bagon (combustion)
    3 Shelgon (rolling attack)
    3 Salamence (Dragon Claw)
    3 Nincada
    3 Shedinja
    2 Dunsparce
    23 Pokemon

2 Buffer Piece
    3 Professor Elm's Training Method
    3 Forest Guardian
    3 Switch
    3 Professor Oak's Research
    3 Energy Removal 2
    17 Trainers

6 water
    6 Fire
    4 Rainbow
    4 Multi
    20 Energy

6. Baboon

Baboon New Member

This is different. :)
    The Pokemon look fine to me, as there's 14 Basics, more than adequate for Modified.
    Trainers, here, it gets interesting. I've never gone all out with the various Balls like you did here, but I suppose it would work. I would lose the PokeNav though, for possibly Copycat. In my experience, getting a whole new hand is better than taking 1 card of the top 3, which is just a small percent of your whole deck.
    Energy, eh, you should be fine.

I'm sure there's more to change here, but just looking at it, I don't see anything else seriously wrong. Maybe by seeing it in action, I could find something else to tweak, but this is all for now.

7. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Mudkip, I like your thinking with the Ninjask, but with PETM like I suggested or Fast Ball in the original, Shedinja will be easy to find, but you could take out the ER 2's for two Ninjasks and another Dunsparce maybe. Ahhhh...Idunno. I need some sleep, it's 1:28 am. Or maybe some caffiene, so I can stay awake instead of sleeping. Oh but I have exams tommorrow, darn. Wait, why am I typing this. Nevermind.
    :eek:
    That right there is me. Cuz I'm tired.

8. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

keep the ideas coming this deck has play tested well and so far is 3-1
    BLiZ

9. Pablo

Pablo New Member

ya i suggested ninjask cause its a pretty good attacker also, and has free retreat, id add 2 at the most though.

10. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Hey Bliz, are you playing the version w/ or w/o the ball trainers? Cuz I'd like to know: i might start to use master ball: I haven't since forest guardian came out, and just a suggestion: oracle might help if you don't like forest guardian. About what Mudkip said about the Ninjasks, I've debated myself quite a few times now and concluded that Ninjask is a good idea. Drop three Er 2's add two Ninjasks and a Volunteers.

11. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

I'm playing the deck how I have it listed with the dual and master ball I originally had ninjask in the deck but decided to drop him for trainers
    BLiZ

BTW 5-2 now

12. SupremeBlader22

SupremeBlader22 New Member

16 trainers?!?!? thts nuts! every deck should have at least 22 trainers and probably only 15 trainers

13. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Hey! Everyone has different playing styles! And Bliz is 5-2. You can't argue w. 5-2! :D

14. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

So Blizzard, you have the first deck that you put up still as your current format? And you haven't changed anything?

15. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Hey I really like your deck. I think you need some warps also, and you need some better drawing trainers like oracle and oaks research and copycat and professor elm's training method. I don't know about using Wobby and Wynaut. Put more Dunsparce in, they are amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.