Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide v1.0 (Blaziken ex deck)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Daddiursa, Mar 22, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

Hi!

Amazingly I've captured my third Blaze ex and want them put to good use. Since I want to use all three of them, the regular firestarter will have to be dropped. Anyway, I hope that with max use of Weakness Guard, Energy Switch & Super Scoop Up, I'll be able to pull off more prizes than my opponent.
    Take a look, and please post if you know a better staller that (lousy) Chansey, and/or other, more helpful trainers to add.

POKEMON (18):
    4 Torchic
    4 Combusken
    3 Blaziken ex
    3 Chansey
    4 Dunsparce

TRAINERS (25):
    4 Prof. Oak's Research
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Energy Switch
    4 Weakness Guard
    4 Super Scoop Up
    3 Warp Point
    2 Fisherman

ENERGY (17):
    17 Fire Energy

2. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ New Member

What about three of the expedition magbies and 2 high pressure systems for a free retreating baby and a 1 retreat Blaze-ex....jus a idea lol.....right now chansey looks the most promising lol

3. Steven B

Steven B New Member

Looks really good! :D
    Just one question, what does Weaknees Guard do and what set is it from?

4. Clefable73

Clefable73 New Member

How exactly do you plan on having this deck click. I would imagine you would be dishing out 100 damage unless a KO is possible without it but you will only be able to do that every turn and you are extremely week to Wobuffet. Imagine One pokemon hitting you for 50(Chansey) or 100(Blaziken EX) and the only thing you can do is combusken them or hit them for 10 with Sparce. Weakness Guard will help but you only have four of them and that Wobuffet will run through your deck. Suggested fix

-1 Sparce
    -1 Chansey
    -2 Fire
    -1 Energy Switch
    -1 TV
    -1 Card playtesting deams unnecessary

2 Eevee
    2 Espeon
    3-4 Boosts

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
  5. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

lol Lotsa good ideas, folks!

That's definitly a good idea. When I thought of Magby first, then I guessed he could be compared to a 60 HP pokemon because he averages one successful flip every second turn and then die on the next (kinda like having 60HP). So therefore I chose Chansey... But I'll rethink the whole idea depending on what fixes I get here.

Weakness Guard is attatched to my active and lasts one round. It makes my active (the one with Weakness Gourd on it) have no weakness throughout my opponent's next round. It's from Aquapolis.

I fully acknowledge Wobbuffet's strength in messing up good ex-decks. I've ran into him on more than one occation.

And I like your ideas. (Only I'm a 4 Dunsparce man... He's my TV reporter throw-away!). I think I can use Double Rainbow Energy until a ruling has been made, as longs as it's attatched before Combusken evo's into Blaze ex. It might be better to go 90 damage one round before, then to do 100 damage the next round. Plus, Espeon will be able to use it, and still KO Wobbuffet easily. Blaze ex can use DRE as discard cards b/c it says Energy, not Energy card. If it's needed of course.

I'll be using some of your ideas I'm sure.

I know. But I though that I would never get to use more that 2 Blazikens at most, since I need the other Torchic/Combuskens for Blaze ex, and then that whole Blaziken firestarter engine is a little too unstable (I always go 3 or 4 on him), so I'd best cut him out this time altogether.

6. Physics Squirrel

Physics Squirrel Active Member

You could think about using Team Magma's Claydol instead of Espeon. He can still OHKO Wobba, plus you can attach DRE to Claydol and then Magma Switch it up to an already evolved Blaziken ex. Too bad Magma Energy isn't Fire instead of Fighting.

7. skarmory777

skarmory777 New Member

Congrats on getting 3 blaze ex.I myself only have 2 at the moment.I have to agree with blaze-king on the babies, that with dunsparce and u have an annoying deck.Drop 3 combusken and the energy switch and play 2 blaziken(fire starter)4 rare candy and 1 town volunteers.That should help alittle.try to get 2 blaze ex and 2 firestarter on the field.Also on the double rainbow ruling the prerelease i went to they announced to us that even if it's attached to a none ex evo, when it becomes an ex pkmn the rainbow is discarded.I haven't heard any official rulings on this but sine this was announced at the prerelease i'm pretty sure the ruling will be made official soon.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
  8. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

I hadn't read the wording on Claydol until you mentioned it. He could have a very important double-function (sending energy to Blaze ex + beating Wobbuffet). Somewhat similar to Team Aqua's Manetric (sending energy + water protection). Although Claydol's OHKO on Wobb is to prefer. I like Espeon too b/c Eevee find it (and is itself found by Dunsparce), plus he can attack w/boost or fire energy, so I wouln't need any additional multi/psychic/lightning energy.

I'm not quite as optimistical on getting both two blaze ex and firestarter blaze out simultaniously as you are. but the babies of course, will give me time at any time during the game (with their baby-rule), wheres Chansey will give me lots of time early in the game, when my opponent build and his pokemon only attacks for like 10 to 30. Late game though that 50% no-go might serve me better. I'm in the thinking box regaring this (That was a norwegian saying directly translated to english, if it doesn't make sense, just forget it).

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  9. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

By the way, to those who read this thread, I use to be happy with my Rayquaza ex-Blaziken deck, but a water-type/Wobbuffet deck gives it a lot of trouble at our local store tournaments (the water-types are Kabutops ex/Omastar/Golduck variations). So I thought either I go around Wobb (with a blaze ex + weakness guard) or include something to beat Wobb, whichever works.

10. Physics Squirrel

Yeah, I forgot about the energy thing. Espeon is worth it for his colorless cost, I guess

11. EeveeTrainer

EeveeTrainer New Member

- 4 energy Switch
    - 4 Weakness Guard

+ 2 Aqua Manectric
    + 2 Aqua Electrike

+ 2 Oracle

+2 Blazeken (Firestarter)

12. B@SS

B@SS New Member

Ive been watching some Blaziken Decks, I liked this combination

Blaziken (Firestarter)
    Ampharos (Energy Connect)
    Blaziken EX

Aply 2 Firestarter Blazikens Pokepower to benched pokemon then strike with energy connect
    directly to Blaz EX so that makes the Blaziken Discard stuff a thing to laugh about.

13. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

That could work...

Water + Wobbuffet decks are the main threat to Blaziken type decks. In anti-Blaziken decks the opponent uses a load of Warp Points + Swellows' to either bring out Rayquaza ex (if so counter with Wobbuffet), or the fire types Torchic-Combusken-Blaziken (then counter with water pokemon with a OHKO attack).

Decks with lightning in them helps take care of their water pokemon, either before they hit a fire pokemon of yours, or after. But tell me, B@SS, did you plan on using lightning energy at all for the combination you mentioned? Or just use Amphy as an energy connect'er?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  14. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

my kingdra deck likes to smack around bar decks. If your playing kingdra, try and overpower a ray, or power up an amphy, otherwise good luck. My deck won The CC because of this

15. Physics Squirrel

Two words, "duh." Well actually that was only one word, but, err, you get the idea. That is exactly what you should do in a Blaziken ex deck, unless of course you are doing it with Team Aqua's Manectric, who takes up less space in the deck and is faster to get out, sooo, yeah. Everyone Energy Connected Rayquaza ex; why not use it for Blaziken ex as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.