Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

NYC Pokemon League—extended league play for Regionals!

deckmaster

Hello Friends,

You’re invited to extended league play at Rockefeller Center in preparation for Winter Regional’s! Winter Regional’s is just around the coroner! If you want to fine-tune your deck for the upcoming event, please join us this Sunday from 2:30 PM till 10:pM!

Every Sunday at Rockefeller Center food court areahttp://www.rockefellercenter.com/ (our play area is near the "Wichcraft" sandwich store) from 3: PM till 9: PM, a group of Pokémon TCG and Pokémon video game players gather and play Pokémon in preparation for upcoming 2011-2012 sanctioned Pokémon tournaments.

Our league leaders, Darrel M. and Patrick R., are usually on site and can provide you with Pokémon league promotional cards, too! Our league leaders always have the most current league promos to hand out.

Our Pokémon TCG league members can offer you some fierce competition and get you prepared for any major tournament. The majority of our Pokémon TCG players are veterans to the game who have qualified in several high caliber tournaments, and competed several times in the Pokémon World Championships. Rest assure, this is a league you can come to improve your game.

If you are looking for a battle in the Pokémon Video game using VGC rules, there are always plenty of gamers available to play against. Also, our two time VGC world champion, Ray-Rizzo, and National champion, Aaron Z., make appearances at our league every-now-and-then!

As every week passes, we get more new TCG and VGC players to practice with! Our league has had a total of (50) players and growing!

Please feel free to join us this and every other weekend in preparation for the upcoming tournament season as we play-test using the Black-and-White-on format and current VGC rules.

Sincerely,
Frankie D.

Last edited:
Hello Folks,

We had a very good attendance last week--it seems like a lot of people from New York are looking to train for Nationals and Worlds.

I hope to see more new players next week!

Frankie D.

Last edited:
Hello Folks,

Once again we had a spectacular showing this past Sunday with more new league members attending than ever!

Our league leader,Patrick, was on sight handing out league promos, too!

Next Sunday, July 3, 2011, will be the the last Sunday before the U.S National Championship. If you want to get some more play-testing in to perfect your deck, or test your Pokemon line-up for VGC, then please join us.

Hope to see you there!

Hello Friends,

Our league keeps growing each week with more new faces! Pokemon in Manhattan is as strong as ever!
Hope to see you there!

--Frankie--

Last week I counted 30 league members! If you haven't joined us yet, then stop by for some Pokemon TCG or VGC fun!

Worlds may have concluded but that does not mean League is finished!

I hope to see more new faces at league as we get ready for the 2011-2012 tournament season!

(50) players strong shows that Pokemon is alive and well in NYC!

Please make plans to join us!

--Frankie--

Last edited:
Hey, Frankie! Are you the same Frankie who was at the Battle Roads at ToyWiz a few weekends back? I battled your friend Tom in the first round! (He donked.. lol)

He told me about your league, and so since then, I have been trying to find out more about it. It was listed on Pokemon.com for like a week, and then was taken off their site apparently, so I really hope this is the right one. If I remember correctly it said it was Saturdays though, which I found odd.

Let me know. Thanks! :D

Hey, Frankie! Are you the same Frankie who was at the Battle Roads at ToyWiz a few weekends back? I battled your friend Tom in the first round! (He donked.. lol)

He told me about your league, and so since then, I have been trying to find out more about it. It was listed on Pokemon.com for like a week, and then was taken off their site apparently, so I really hope this is the right one. If I remember correctly it said it was Saturdays though, which I found odd.

Let me know. Thanks! :D

Hello,

And yes, I was at the Fall Battle Roads at Toy Wiz.

Yes, our league still takes place every Sunday at Rockefeller Center from 3:pM till 9:pM.

If league falls on the same day as another New York City tournament, then most of our league members attend the premier tournament than league.

I hope to see you at league!

--Frankie--

Hello,

And yes, I was at the Fall Battle Roads at Toy Wiz.

Yes, our league still takes place every Sunday at Rockefeller Center from 3:pM till 9:pM.

If league falls on the same day as another New York City tournament, then most of our league members attend the premier tournament than league.

I hope to see you at league!

--Frankie--

Thanks for the reply, Frankie! I'm glad to have finally found you guys! I should most likely be there. Just outta curiosity, do you have any Typhlosion Primes for trade? I could really use some more before Sunday at 3 pm... Haha.

Trexroarr, I just wanted to let you know that there is a Battle Roads at Kings Games this Sunday, so many of the normal League players will be absent. I don't want you to go to League on Sunday and then get disappointed at the low turnout!

For more info:
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=155085

Yeah, thanks. I already know about it, but it's really too far into Brooklyn for me to get to, unfortunately... It's much easier and faster for me to get into the city, than there.

Yeah, thanks. I already know about it, but it's really too far into Brooklyn for me to get to, unfortunately... It's much easier and faster for me to get into the city, than there.

If you want to take the train, there's a Q at 34th street and 6th Ave., and also at 42nd street Times Square. Just take it toward Downtown/Brooklyn to the Kings Highway stop. The whole trip should take less than an hour.

If you want to take the train, there's a Q at 34th street and 6th Ave., and also at 42nd street Times Square. Just take it toward Downtown/Brooklyn to the Kings Highway stop. The whole trip should take less than an hour.

I would be coming from Queens actually, but it really all depends on my parents. I'll see. :)

I live in Queens as well. :D

There is no Sunday service for the Q in Queens. You will have to take the F (to 34th-Herald Square) or the E or 7 (to 42nd-Times Square) and transfer for the Q. The fastest way (assuming your parents would allow you) is to drive to Kings Games, which is what I'm doing. Take the BQE to Ocean Parkway, and take Ocean Parkway to Ave R. The whole trip will take 30-50 minutes on a Sunday morning, depending on where in Queens you live.

It's going to be a lot of fun, and there's likely going to be a huge turnout, so if you want to get some tournament experience (we all need some!), it'll be well worth your troubles to come and play!

I live in Queens as well. :D

There is no Sunday service for the Q in Queens. You will have to take the F (to 34th-Herald Square) or the E or 7 (to 42nd-Times Square) and transfer for the Q. The fastest way (assuming your parents would allow you) is to drive to Kings Games, which is what I'm doing. Take the BQE to Ocean Parkway, and take Ocean Parkway to Ave R. The whole trip will take 30-50 minutes on a Sunday morning, depending on where in Queens you live.

It's going to be a lot of fun, and there's likely going to be a huge turnout, so if you want to get some tournament experience (we all need some!), it'll be well worth your troubles to come and play!

Definitely, definitely. My folks would drive me actually. Now this might sound a little crazy but is Kings Games in a decent part of Brooklyn? (My mom is a bit too overprotective... lol)

Definitely, definitely. My folks would drive me actually. Now this might sound a little crazy but is Kings Games in a decent part of Brooklyn? (My mom is a bit too overprotective... lol)

It's fine. It's very close to a major subway station (Kings Highway), and you should be fine as long as your parents are with you. We go there all the time to play in tournaments.

Back