Oakville, ON City's T4 finish

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by sar86, Dec 2, 2007.

1. sar86

sar86 New Member

I got a nice sleep in today, but had to shovel my driveway before i left for the CC. I drove my friend David to the tournament for his first tournament of the year. I decided to play the same deck I played at my last CC (Tyranitar/Weavile)

The Tournament had a fairly big turnout
    22 Masters - 5 Rounds of Swiss - Top 4 cut
    16 Seniors- 4 Rounds of Swiss - Top 4 cut
    19 Juniors- 5 Rounds of Swiss - Top 4 cut

Round 1 vs B.J. (Hurricane)
    This was a quick match, I had my Tyranitar fully charged by turn 3, and he had a really slow start
    1-0

Round 2 vs Terry K (Venomoth/Swalot)
    This was a difficult match, his swalot kept poisoning and confusing me, and I kept avoiding chancing it because if I miss the attack the Swalot kill my T-tar next turn. I end up taking most of my prizes using warp points to bring out the next Tyraniar. I had to take my last prize by a lucky coin flip while confused.
    2-0

Round 3 vs Greg C (Blissey/Banette) you may remember him, he was the father who came 2nd at the Brampton BR
    I got off to a really good start, I got a couple pupitars out, and I had 2 Tyranitar's in my hand, and many other cards i needed. Unfortunatly he then used a wager on me, I lost it and never really recovered, leading to my defeat.
    2-1

Round 4 vs David A (Gardevoir/Gallade w/ Banette)
    He went first I started with a Sneasel, he started with Ralts
    T1 David: no energy, so didn't attack
    T1 Me: rare candy to Weavile and shadow charge 2 special dark to myself
    T2 David: Played TV reporter & got no more pokemon
    T2 Sean: Chip Off for 60 and the win
    3-1

Round 5 vs Bryan C (Hurricane)
    This was without a doubt my closest match of the day. The game is moving along well, I kill a gatr with my T-tar, then he pulls out a Delcatty ex to OHKO the T-tar, fortunatly I had another fully charged T-tar on my bench to kill his Delcatty to give me a slight edge on prizes. It came down to one prize each, My active Tyranitar (with only 2 energy on it) and his gatr with enough energy in his had. I play a warp point bring out a Weavile (which has free retreat) and he's forced to bring out a Delcatty, i retreated and used Tyranitar's Payback for the win.
    4-1

Top 4 Cut
    1. Greg C. (Blissey/Banette) (4-1)
    2. Bryan C. (Hurricane) (4-1)
    3. Paul A. (Blissey/Banette) (4-1)
    4. Sean R. (Tyranitar/Weavile) (4-1)
    There was another guy who was 4-1 unfortunatly he didn't make it in.
    Sorry Zach, tough break

Semi Final
    vs Greg C (Blissey/Banette)
    This went bad right from the beginning, he got an amazing start while mine was awful. It got down to 4 prizes to 1 in he favour. I took 2 prizes with Tyranitar's payback before he took me down
    4-2

Paul won the other Semi, so it was a Blissey/Banette vs Blissey/Banette final. I didn't stick around to see who won
    EDIT: Greg won the finals in two games

Props
    Another Top 4 finish
    Good coin flip against confusion

Slops
    Blissey/Banette
    Matt for playing Blissey/Arcanine ewwwwwww
    Matt for have his Arcanine hit for 90 and knocked out by a magikarps Dragon Rage
    Losing all wagers
    No lv X

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  2. smacktack15

smacktack15 New Member

DANG COLMAN FUNG

3. sar86

sar86 New Member

Hopefully a loss to Colman won't happen to you next weekend

4. smacktack15

smacktack15 New Member

He is going to Etobicoke (I think) and I am going to Angus. I will hopefully win that tournament due to it not being as big as Oakville.

5. Aggy&Co.

Aggy&Co. Member

make sure you didn't forget how to get there, We wouldn't want to miss ya.

6. smacktack15

smacktack15 New Member

I will go to Mapquest.com tonight and I hope to see you there to.