Odds of pulling Mewtwo in a pack

Discussion in 'PTCGO' started by QD4U, Mar 7, 2012.

1. QD4U

QD4U New Member

So far I've opened 36 packs and I've pulled 1 Mewtwo. What about you guys?

2. Pokeplayer101

Pokeplayer101 New Member

Well the chances of pulling one mewtwo in one pack is pretty slim. But I have done it a few times. I got like 2 Mewtwos (1 FA) in 19 packs before. But it is all luck based.

3. Mystery Thing

Mystery Thing Administrator

Well, assuming they match that of a real pack (around 2 normal EXes per box, 1 FA per box, and 1 Shining (replacing the EX) in every three boxes:

The odds of getting a normal one is 1 per 3 boxes, and the odds of getting an FA are 1 1/3 per 12 boxes. So the odds of getting either Mewtwo is 1/108 + 1.333/432; ~0.93% + ~0.31%, or (hilariously enough) 1.2345678901234....%.

4. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins New Member

The odds are 1 in 72. You average pulling a Mewtwo Ex every two boxes. I can also confirm that the "shining" doesn't replace the ex in a box. Anyone who says that they do, is completely lying.

Drew

5. Mystery Thing

Mystery Thing Administrator

There is no "also" there, one leads to the next :tongue:

But yeah, if the shinings are a non-factor, then it is 1 per 72. (3 per 216 if you don't feel like reducing :rolleyes:)

which raises the question of why i've gotten one in 144... ;_;

6. keniselvis

keniselvis New Member

I got one in 18 packs opened at once. My son got 1 in opening up 14 packs. since then I've openned up about 20 packs but mostly 1 or 2 at a time....nothing.

7. trainerjeff

trainerjeff New Member

i've pulled two online out of about 56 packs or so, but none in real life

8. Chamanda66

Chamanda66 New Member

The online game is really luck based. Sometimes I'll open 2 packs and pull 2 EXs, sometimes I'll open 20 and pull garbage.

9. koolkidhp

koolkidhp New Member

i got 1 in 8 packs =P

10. SlayerPT+

SlayerPT+ New Member

Got 1 in 3 packs, so is just luck based =)
    Then, I've opened 11, and pulled absolute garbage

11. ChadtheDragonLord

ChadtheDragonLord New Member

I've opened maybe 30-40 packs and never pulled one. I have three now by trading away packs for them. The odds were far better. On the night ND was first available online I traded 9 packs for one, then 15 packs for a FA. I forget how I got the third one. I was trading for all the other EXs too, mostly only having to trade 3 or 4 or 5 packs for each of the other ones. Now I have at least three of each one. Opening the packs is a bad idea because the chances of finding one are slim. I probably traded away the equivalent of 70 packs but ended up with about 18 or 19 EXs from those trades which is way better odds than 2 EXs out of 36. The other cards in the set are useless anyway, except one or two of the rares like Guardevoir, or the trainers.

---------- Post added 03/13/2012 at 10:49 AM ----------

Other note - at the states tournament this weekend, there were two boxes of booster packs given to the winners that were opened and NO, I repeat, NO full art card was in either one! I know because my son had one of them. He did get a regular Mewtwo EX so we aren't complaining. But there is NO guarantee of a full art card in every box of ND. Unless they had differnet booster boxes for the prize winners. They were sealed in plastic so I think they were the same.

12. QD4U

QD4U New Member

Yeah it's definetely a wiser choice to buy a Mewtwo than try to pull it. I opened 21 packs, pulled 1 Mewtwo, traded said Mewtwo in for 15 packs, opened the packs, pulled nothing. Fortunately I was able to trade in some additional packs for a new Mewtwo. But still, that could have been ugly.

13. Greenmonkey89

Greenmonkey89 New Member

I got a Booster box of the set and i pulled a reshi ex and 2 mewtwo exs (1 FA) i got lucky on that box for sure

14. SlimeyGrimey

SlimeyGrimey New Member

I got a box with 2 regular ex and 1 shiny with no FA ex.

I guess you're saying you can also pull the FA ex in addition to a shiny in the same box?

15. Greenmonkey89

Greenmonkey89 New Member

that is what he is saying i know its possible cuz it happened to me pulled reshi ex mewtwo ex and full art mewtwo ex and also pulled a shiny Chandlure

16. LARRY891

LARRY891 New Member

I got a FA Kyurem EX once, and that's the only EX I've ever pulled out of about 25.

17. Shiny Dunsparce

Shiny Dunsparce New Member

I just bought my first 2 Next Destiny packs today, Mewtwo EX was my rare and my reverse rare was a Ralts.

and in my second pack, my rare was a Shiny Emboar, and my reverse rare was an Articuno.

i think i may just be very lucky...

18. Mainejuggalo

Mainejuggalo New Member

I've opened so many boxes and packs that I've come to the conclusion that it's cheaper to just buy Mewtwo EX's for $60 on ebay.

19. Politoed666

Politoed666 New Member

Erik Nance has gotten three out of six packs, if memory serves.

20. Rayquaza8558

Rayquaza8558 New Member

I just bought a pack on that game but idk how to open it, any help?