Offensive material at tournaments question

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Events Worldwide' started by Roddish, Aug 16, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roddish

Roddish New Member

to all profs and TOs:

would you allow a tshirt to be worn at a premier event by a player, where the slogan was offensive/profane.

i wouldn't, but i just need a consensus, as it has been disputed with me by another proff

2. Ryu99

Ryu99 New Member

Myself and my partner (he's a poke prof aswell) would both turn them away if they turned up wearing something offensive
    at the end of the day Pokémon tournements are a family orientated event and things like that are not suitable

3. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

If it can't be put on network TV, then it can't be put at a Pokemon event. I believe that Team Compendium uses the Frank Barone rule: if Frank Barone can say it, then it's allowed.

4. PokemonSteve

PokemonSteve New Member

No. I would ask for the person to change the shirt, cover it, or possible leave the tournament area.

5. Roddish

Roddish New Member

now how would you react, if i told you a proff was wearing said t-shirt?

6. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

Professors should know better than to wear shirts that are offensive to tournaments. That's just stupid. But then again, people don't always think.

7. Ryu99

Ryu99 New Member

oh dear thats just so stupid i'm sat here laughin
    i'm sorry but said prof should know better we are spose to be setting an example

8. Jaedon

Jaedon New Member

I'd offer them a choice... change the t-shirt or withdraw from the competition.

9. kittymareep

kittymareep New Member

i'm not a prof, far from it, but i agree that offensive material has noooooooooooo place at tournament or league epsecially with kids around, whether the kids know what it means or not. shouldn't even be disputed. :nonono: well done for a great pre-release by the way :smile:

10. kaworu

kaworu New Member

I find anything related to Star Wars offensive.

11. PokemonSteve

PokemonSteve New Member

A prof should know that they shouldnt be wearing such shirt. Worse then a player wearing such shirt. I advice that this topic is moved to the professor section.

12. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

I would discretely ask the person to change his/her shirt or please politely leave...

13. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

it depends what it is.
    I get pretty offended when people wear their Christian/Catholic school uniforms
    to league/events. It is a long story why. (Mainly the girls uniforms)

Of course nothing can be done about it

14. marill95

marill95 New Member

I say, if a child wouldnt wear it, then it's not appropriate for a pokemon tournement

15. Mr_Red_X

Mr_Red_X New Member

I don't see the big deal. you can't avoid it. I mean if was something XXX or a giant exploding heart, yeah don't wear it. but a swear? bah. kids these days can't read an instruction manual less a swear.

16. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

You can ask them to go to a restroom and turn it inside out. My school has a policy like that.

17. venomex

venomex New Member

This has been brought to my attention so therefore time to step in here.

I have spoke to both Roddish and the "Prof" involved and all have agreed this has been taken a little too far.

The "Prof" concerned was actually playing in the tournament and was in no way reconizable as a "prof" on the day, and were not involved at any point at the event as a Professor.

They were asked, after the event, to cover up the small logo on their T Shirt which they did.

However the whole debate on offensive material on T Shirts in general is a valid argument - and I have been interested in some of the UK TO's answers to this.... - however maybe for the Professor Forums?

Chris Sparks

D & A Games

18. amphyrules

amphyrules New Member

you wanna know what I think?

hakuna matata

19. LionheartEX

LionheartEX Active Member

It's not acceptable for anyone to be wearing anything offensive at an event. ESPECIALLY a professor.

20. davidy321

davidy321 New Member

LOL props - gets my vote

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.