Official scores for group 1!!

Discussion in 'Deck Contests' started by Vegeta ss4, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegeta ss4

Vegeta ss4 Iron Chef Leader

Good job at making it this far, now. This scoring was difficult, and in fact there are 3 scores still up for grabs. I am trying to figure out exactly which is the best entry of the round. You will see which matchup I am quite unsure about, and will allow viewer and player a chance to speak about the matchup. That will be the tie-breaker. Also, lets not play favoritism, lets put all bias to the side and actually score the deck. Group 2 is allowed to talk about who the winner is within Group 1. Unofficial score will be noted.

I will be updating each score as I go along. it may be an hour before all of the scores are shown for each group. Just keep tuned!

Well, here are the scores for now.

(1)DragonClyne725 vs (16)Rambo
    WINNER - Rambo

(8)Dark Shedinja vs (9)Hatter
    WINNER - Hatter

(5)hampuse1 vs (12)SummerDaze
    WINNER - hampuse1

(4)sKizor vs (13)Vablakes
    WINNER - sKizor

(6)Garch vs (11)Eonic
    WINNER - Eonic

(3)pokemonrocks777 vs (14)sunchris
    WINNER - pokemonrocks777

(7)ShadowGuard vs (10)vaporeon

WINNER - vaporeon

(2)bullados vs (15)Ace-
    WINNER - Ace-

Here is a link to the top 16 Bracket.
    Top 16 Bracket

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. Time for Pain

Time for Pain <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

I would pick Ace-, Econic, and DragonClyne725 as the winners.

3. DragonClyne725

DragonClyne725 New Member

Agreed. I really like Eonic's Sceptile + Accelgor combo. It's a creative way to not only use Sceptile, but it also makes Accelgor much more playable. The whole Paralysis + Dusknoir is also a nasty combo.

Ace's 1-of-tech deck is sort of random, but it really does work well with BTS and Meganium delta. bullados's deck is appears to be based on super consistency, but is not as creative as Ace's IMO.

Of course, I also like my own deck, but I'd like to hear others' opinions regarding that :lol: I was thinking about trying Machamp SF, but really wanted to explore the Landorus/Champ Prime combo.

4. Time for Pain

^To be fair, I didn't really like your list too much either. Don't like a 1-1 Claydol or the fact you only have 1 way to discard fighting (Sage's Training) for Landorus to be useful early on. However, Rambo only has 4 Pokemon search cards, all of which can't be searched along with 2 draw supporters which I felt would do him in.

5. vaporeon

vaporeon Moderator

I would really like to know how you felt about my deck Vegeta ss4.

6. Rambo

Rambo Active Member

Hate to comment on my own deck as I don't want to sway decisions, but the 4 Pokemon Search cards can be searched with skyla, and the lack of draw supporters is made up for by the higher claydol count.

I agree that my deck has some flaws but I'm not entirely sure that you've picked up on the main problems, thanks for the helpful criticism though!

7. Time for Pain

You did run skyla with it, my bad. You can search them. There were other problems as well, those just sprung out to me first.

8. Rambo

Rambo Active Member

Yeah I was aware of the other problems, thanks for the help :)

9. Vegeta ss4

Well I'm at work all day until tomorrow, which is when I can make it official. As of now no one has persuaded me to change my voting.

Vaporeon, your score really reflects how I feel. I can't really update all of it via my phone with my opinion, your deck was good but had some flaws.

Cabd was asking how a perfect score could have been achieved. I truthfully think the best and closest answer would be Ace-. His deck score doesn't truly reflect what it could have been. If he would of chosen to play atleast one different Meganium, his creativity would have gone up and his card use would have been a 5. I think running 3 BTS in his deck wouldn't have hurt his deck score, but what would have made it better is if he would have included Giant Stump, and increased his Azelf count to 2 "just incase."Or even threw in a rotom. His deck is hurt by things being prized and the bench space. Factor in all that I said, adding a stump, rotom/+1 Azelf, one different Meganium for creativity, his score could have reflected perfection, a full 20/20. That's to answer the question of perfection and what it is. Everyone should note, the best Iron Chef deck is NOT the deck that will be the best at a tournament. It is simply a deck which a challenge was made that you would have to make the best of.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  10. cabd

cabd New Member

My vote is for rambo, DC's entry might as well have been MD-on; while Rambo really went back and looked at past sets.

11. baby mario

baby mario Front Page Article Editor<br><a href="http://pokeg

FWIW

I think Rambo, Eonic, and Ace all edge their matches due to creativity and card use.

12. Eonic

Eonic New Member

I'll throw in my vote as well. While DragonClyne had a good idea with using Landorus in tandem with Machamp, Rambo had a more creative deck design with the trainers played. Also, Ace- made very good use of the Delta Meganium, and the choices for evolutions were decent as well.

Therefore, I think Rambo and Ace- deserve to win in their respective match ups. And of course, I can't comment on my deck, but I would like to give my thanks to everyone who has.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  13. Vegeta ss4

I think I pretty much got my mind made up on the winners.

14. Time for Pain

So when will the next round be announced?

15. Vegeta ss4

Usually when I'm ready, it could just so happen that I may be ready tonight or tomorrow, with the challenge.

16. Time for Pain

I figured it would be when you were ready, just curious and anxious.

17. Vegeta ss4

Scores for Group 1 are official.

Congrats to all those that made it into the top 16.
    After deliberation and viewer opinions, Rambo, Eonic and Ace- have moved on.

18. cabd

cabd New Member

Have you updated the bracket page? Can we get a new link to that bracket?

19. Vegeta ss4

New Bracket for top 16 in original post at the bottom, enjoy.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.