Ok Ill Play Devils Advocate.........Next set?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by GodTrainer, Nov 30, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodTrainer

GodTrainer Member

Ok guys someone had to do it :D ...........let all the rumors and info on the next set fly post away. Dose anyone have anything??

2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Set will most likely include all cards from Japanese set minus ones we already have, plus those in the Magma/Aqua Mini decks.

Well, expect EX of all 3 Starters, including my new fave, Swampert. Fighting type/150HP/Weakness Grass. (resistant L???)

Dual Types will be available, though they are all there normal types + Dark. Most Pokemon with Aqua and Magma in thier name...
    Examples....
    Aqua's Manetric, L/D
    Magma's Rhydon, F/D
    ect...

some old trainers come back, nothign exciting though. Most are already available.... Strength Charm, Warp Point, Dual Ball...

but the best part, hopefully a Holo Dark finally. I hope so. We got gipped, but we do have RH at least..... And all the basic energy have a new kick butt design...

3. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

The only thing that really gets at me is that the last three sets were all 100 cards each. Will this next set be made the same, and if so, how? There are only 30-some from the main set that haven't been released, and 30-some from the two decks. Will they reprint the basic energy and trainers, or will they print...say...Vending cards??? :D

4. sneaselsrevenge

sneaselsrevenge New Member

Maybe we'll get to see some of the new cards befor Japan(like with SS). The set doesn't come out until March, so we have 4 months.

5. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

Using nick15's information from www.fakecard.com:

It seems that the only thing left from ADV-4 are 5 EX Pokemon (Sceptile, Cradily, Blaziken, Suicune, Swampert), 9 Aqua cards (Seviper, Cacnea, Cacturne, Carvana, Sharpedo, Corpish, Crawdaunt, Elektrike, Manectric), 8 Magma cards (Houndour, Houndoom, Torkoal, Baltoy, Claydol, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Zangoose), 8 new trainers and 3 new energies). A total of 33 cards to which we can add the content of the decks which each seem to have 23 Pokemon (I cannot see whether these are all unique) and 3 trainers that are not counted already. We are now somewhere in the 80s.

There is a strong indication that Nintendo likes sets around 100 cards. This means that we will get some extra cards. Before I did the tallying I thought that they would mix with ADV-5 to get us in step with Japan, but that would make the set too large. It may be that the accelerated schedule (a set every 3 month!) that we are on will take care of this by next summer anyway.

I therefore think that it is more likely that they will add some old trainers (they put Dual Ball, Fossil, Warp and Strenght Charm in the Japanese set) and find some version of the basics/Stage1 for the 4EX evolution cards (it would be strange to release a set with 4 out of 5 EX Pokemon unplayable when they like the booster format). Then they can make the 3 secret cards a good Blastoise set!

I thought that the prerelease tournaments were scheduled for February.

6. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

Maybe...they'll just skip over that whole Aqua/Magma concept? o_O

It could happen

7. treecko_332

treecko_332 New Member

some pokemon, like tropius and chimecho don't have a card yet, so I'm assuming that they'll be in the next set. Here is a list of pokemon that aren't:

Banette
    Bledum
    Castform
    Chimecho
    Clamperl
    Claydol
    Deoxys
    Exploud
    Feebas
    Glalie
    Gorebyss
    Gulpin
    Huntail
    Jirachi
    Loudred
    Luvdisc
    Masquerain
    Medicham
    Metang
    Metagross
    Milotic
    Regice
    Regirock
    Registeel
    Relicanth
    Sealeo
    Spheal
    Spinda
    Surskit
    Swalot
    Tropius
    Walrein
    Whismur

and groudon and kyogre havn't been relased as cards in a set, so lets see 35, including the last two. And judging by the amount of different pokemon they put in a set this seams about right. So a water based set
    and then
    magma/aqua. sounds right to me. And when they do magma/aqua it will only be magma/aqua

Thanks,

Treecko

Last edited: Dec 1, 2003
  8. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

You forgot Deoxys and Jirachi.

9. GOROY

GOROY New Member

Also, didn't the advance 4 minidecks have Aqua's Kyogre, Magma's Groudon, Raikou ex, and Entei ex?

10. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

What is Deoxys? I have never heard of it before. I know all about Jirachi, but Deoxys is a complete mystery to me.

11. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Also Magmas Aggron, and a few others... I need to find the deck list for those again....

12. treecko_332

treecko_332 New Member

Yes, but Deoxys and Jirachi are not considered as part of um.. okay, I'll add them to the list. I used the pokemon poster(from r/s guide) so I missed them. And remember nintendo doesn't amit that Deoxys is real(or is it Jirachi :confused: )

Thanks,

Treecko

13. Water Pokemon Master

Jirachi has been acknowledged by Nintendo. However, Deoxys hasn’t been yet, so we will just have to wait.

I still think, though, that Jirachi and Deoxys will eventually be cards. After all, they have to make every Pokemon into a card.

14. Cooltrainer Aaron

Um excuse me. WHAT IS DEOXYS??? I have no idea what you're talking about with that Pokemon.

15. Water Pokemon Master

Here's what the PokeDex says:

RUBY: The DNA of a space virus underwent a sudden mutation upon exposure to a laser beam and resulted in DEOXYS. The crystalline organ on this POKéMON's chest appears to be its brain.

SAPPHIRE: DEOXYS emerged from a virus that came from space. It is highly intelligent and wields psychokinetic powers. This POKéMON shoots lasers from the crystalline organ on its chest.

16. Cooltrainer Aaron

you mean you can actually catch the darn thing? Is that with a game shark? it seems that it would be too wierd for the normal game. The Beldum evolutions are as wierd as they get.

17. Water Pokemon Master

Yes, it is catchable but you don't need a gameshark. There is some sort of glitch in the game that allows you to capture it, but I have long lost it. I will try to look it up on the net.

18. Cooltrainer Aaron

This isn't like one of those MissingNo glitches that garble your game is it?

19. Water Pokemon Master

No, it has something to do with the Space Center. I can't find the code on the net for the life of me.

20. Cooltrainer Aaron

I'm gonna put out an APB on the Electronic Games forum, see if anyone knows it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.