Oklahoma Great Encounters

Discussion in 'Prerelease Tournaments' started by old man, Jan 8, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. old man

old man New Member

Now that the City Championship series is finished it’s time for the next set of cards. Great Encounters looks to have some great cards in it & I’m sure you’ll want some of these cards in your deck for States in March.

Details –
    Where – Drakes Place – 1911 S. Sunnylane in Del City
    When – Feb. 2nd – Registration begins at 10am. The packs will be given out at 11:30am.
    Entry fee - $25. For this you’ll start off with 6 packs & when you turn in your energy you’ll get 2 more packs.
    Free stuff – Only the first 35 signed up & paid players will get the promo card & sleeves.

For those who haven’t done a pack draft before, it’s easy! When you get your 6 packs of cards, you open them. With what you get inside plus basic energy that I give you, you make a 40 card deck. With 10 cards in a pack you’ll have extras left over so you set them aside. When it’s time to play, you & your opponent will play for 4 prizes instead of the normal 6. After the rounds are over, you turn in your basic energy & I’ll give you 2 more packs of cards.

For those that are inexperienced, you can do the Theme Deck Challenge. For the same $25 you’ll get 1 random of the 3 theme decks from this set plus 4 packs. You can change as many cards as you want in the theme deck with cards from your packs to make a better deck. You’ll also get the promo card & sleeves if you’re 1 of the first 35 players signed up & paid.

BOOSTER DRAFT
    Following the main event, there will be a booster draft. If you played in the main event it will cost just $15. If not, then it’s $20.

For the booster draft each player gets 6 packs of cards. When you’re told you open a pack & choose 1 card from it for yourself. Then when you’re told to, you pass the remaining cards to another player. From the cards you just got passed, you take 1 for yourself. This continues till all the cards are gone in that pack. This also happens for the remaining packs.
    After all 6 packs have been opened, then you take those cards & get as many basic energy from me as you want & again make a 40 card deck playing for 4 prizes a game.

Now as long as I remember or someone reminds me before the 1st round, then each player will have the option of taking their 7th pack & putting it into the pool. Whatever the amount of packs in the pool is what the top players will be playing for.

If you have any questions about any of this, just ask here or PM me here.

2. PokeFreakNikki

PokeFreakNikki New Member

Wow, never heard of a Theme Deck challenge. That's interesting, and great for new players!

I can't wait for the prerelease. I need those sleeves for States! Haha.

3. old man

old man New Member

So it's now 6 days away for the prerelease. Hope to see a lof of faces there. Drakes place has been changed around a little bit so be prepared!
    Remember that only the first 35 paid entrants get the extra goodies! Packs will be given out at 11:30.
    There is a draft after the main event.

4. thechubbss12

thechubbss12 New Member

Yep me and Bek will be there...

5. You know I'll be there. After 4 Months of Absence, I'm back. Finally....

6. old man

old man New Member

Just a little over 3 hours to go & we get going. Hope to see a lot of smiling faces for the new cards.

I've got a surprise/treat for those that play in the booster draft.

Remember only the first 35 paid players will get the promo & sleeves.

7. BeckordJ

BeckordJ New Member

Megan and i will be there.

8. old man

old man New Member

A big thanks to everyone that showed up. I hope everyone had a great time & enjoyed getting the new cards. The booster draft seemed like a good thing but I sure got confused on things there for a bit! lol!

Next big event is OKLA States. Check out it's thread if you haven't lately & remember it's in Norman.