Oklahoma State Championships

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by Master Professor Birch, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Master Professor Birch

Master Professor Birch Active Member

:pokeball: :pokeball: ~~~Oklahoma State Championships~~~ :pokeball: :pokeball:

The "Oklahoma State Championships" will be held at the "Heritage Park Mall" at 6851 East Reno,in Midwest City. These will take place on April 24, 2004. Registration will start at 9:00am. Entry Fee is $10.00 and is open to everyone.

I will post more information on this thread later. If you need more info now or have any questions, please call (972) 442-5545 or email me at <retnuhd1999@yahoo.com>.

I will be at "The Game" on March 13, 2004 for the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament at 10:00am. I hope to see you there and I will have "flyers" for the "State Championships".

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

2. Master Professor Birch

I Have Not Forgotten About You....

:clap: ~~Attention--Oklahoma~~ :clap:

I have not forgotten about you!!! I have not posted any more information about the "State Championships" because I want to wait until I hear from Pokemon USA, Inc. to get all of the information correctly before I post. :confused: Be patient, when I receive the information I will shower it upon you like fresh Spring rain.

I will see you on Saturday, March 27th at the "Game Headquarters" in Oklahoma City for the last "City Championships". Get ready for this "City Championships". It will be a "Preview" of the "State Championships" in April. ;)

Take care and I will be back soon.

3. Master Professor Birch

Get The Info....

:pokeball: :pokeball: Oklahoma State Championships :pokeball: :pokeball:
    Presented By: Pokemon USA, Inc.

:clap: Attention, Pokemon players in the South/Central USA!!! Master Professor Birch will be the Premier Tournament Organizer for the "Oklahoma State Championships". This Premier Event is open to all players. The "State Championships" be be hosted by Midwest City's "Heritage Park Mall". "The Game" will be the official Gaming Store at "Heritage Park Mall". You may pre-register at "The Game" or the day of this tournament. :thumb:

We will have "Side Events" during the day that you may play in for a small fee. I need your input for these "Side Events". That way we will prepare to host the "Side Events" that you, the player are most interested in having made availible. All of the "Side Events" will be sanctioned by Pokemon USA, Inc. Please reply on this thread and post what you would like to have as "Side Events". :cool:

Below are all of the details of the "Oklahoma City Championships":

6851 East Reno
    Midwest City, Oklahoma 73110
    (405) 737-2324

Date: April 24, 2004
    Time: 10:00am (Registration Starts @ 9:00am)

Entry Fee: $10.00 / "State Championships"

What To Bring: You need to bring a "Modified Constructed Deck" of 60-cards / Randomizer: Coin to Flip or Dice to Roll / Damage Counters / $10.00 for the Entry Fee for the "State Championships" Tournament / Any Extra Money for "Side Events", Drinks, Food, etc.

Tournament Format: Modified Constructed Deck

In "Modified Constructed Deck" format, you bring your 60-card deck. The "State Championships" will be using the "Age-Modified Swiss" pairings. (See the "Pokemon Floor Rules" for information about the Modified Format and Age-Modified Swiss at <www.pokemon-tcg.com>.) The number of Swiss rounds will be determined by the total attendance at the event.

After the Swiss rounds are completed, there will be a cut to single elemination finals. The number of players to qualify for the finals will depend upon the total attendance in their age bracket.

Prizes: 1st Place -8th Place (For Each Age Group)
    ( Age Groups: 10-Under, 11-14, 15-Over )

Prize Break Down: Everyone who registers will receive a "State Championship" Promo Card!!!

1st Place: State Champion Award
    1-Box of Pokemon-e TCG: "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Boosters (36-Packs)
    Two round bye at the "National Championships" (A bye means that you do not play the round and are awarded a win in that round)
    A "Stage One VIP Package" containing cool Pokemon Merchandise. (This "VIP Package" will be awarded upon onsite registration at the "National Championships" at "Origins Game Fair".)

2nd Place:
    18-booster Packs of Pokemon-e TCG: "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

3rd-4th Place: 9-Booster Packs of Pokemon-e TCG: "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

5th-8th Place: 4-Booster Packs of Pokemon-e TCG: "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

Judges: Head Judge: Roy "old man" Roberson Jr., "The Game-League Leader / Pokemon Professor"
    Charles R. Collinsworth "Premier Tournament Organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc. / Pokemon Professor"
    Ryan Davis "4th Street Boutique / Pokemon Professor"

Contact Information: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth,
    Premier Tournament Organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc.
    Email: retnuhd1999@yahoo.com
    Phone: (972) 442-5545

Last edited: Mar 31, 2004
  4. old man

old man New Member

Looks like you forgot me as a judge.

5. Master Professor Birch

"old man" = OK's Best....

~old man~

Sorry about that. I thought that you were wanting to play. OK, Oklahoma, we have a "Head Judge". The one and only "old man" of Oklahoma Pokemon will be your "Head Judge". All Pokemon players in Oklahoma know that you are in "Safe Hands" with the "old man" running the show!!! :clap:

Besides, I never knew why you thought that you would play anyways??? :confused: Your "Rank & Ratings" can only go down so low. :lol:

It is better for this "Higher Premier Tournament" to have Oklahoma's BEST as "Head Judge". :thumb:

Take care and I will see ya'll on Saturday at the "Oklahoma City~City Championships".

6. old man

old man New Member

Thanks and no thanks. But you're right, my rating/ranking can only sink so L O W!! :) :)

For something of this level for the players of OK and other surrounding areas, I will judge, (to keep a few points to myself).

See you tomorrow. I'll be there around 10:45am.

To everyone driving up from Texas for this tournament, Drive Safe & have a good trip.

7. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I of course vote for a GBA tourney, go figure.... Hope to be there for states, even without my bye... See ya'll soon, and prepare for another texas invasion.... we dont plan on coming home with 2nd again.... we got our eyes on the big prize, gl to all, hope to see a big turn out....

Sorry to hear you wont be playing Roy Sr, guess we'll have to meet up down here... surely your ranking isnt 'that' bad?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2004
  8. old man

old man New Member

Yes there is the possibility of meeting there. My rating keeps on slipping down & has been ever since I stopped playing Ampharos EX.
    Of course we can always meet up in the "after" tournament as well if you stay around.

9. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ New Member

we'll possibly be there....more info regarding this as it rolls closer to play time

10. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I woulda stuck around longer this last weekend, but I had to be at work at 11, and I cut that pretty close as was.... Hopefully I will actually be off this time around, more after party fun is always nice.....

So there is/isnt a GBA tourney???? I have 2 states to defend a GBA Title in.... need to know....

11. Master Professor Birch

OOOOHHHHH~Yes!!!!!

:lol: :rolleyes: OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhh~Yes!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :lol:

There will
    definitely be a "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament at the "Oklahoma State Championships"!!!! :D And just to correct you, you may be multiple City Champions, but there have not been any "State Champions" crowned as of yet. :eek: Spectreon, you certainly are the favorite to win having gone undefeated in all of the "GBA" tournaments that you have entered, But, there are some pretty salty "GBA" players from the land of Houston. I am sure that they will have someting to say about the State Champion. :nonono:

Side Events~~ we will have a "Seal Deck" tournament with the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" series of cards. :clap: This tournament will be like the "Pre-release Tournaments" where you will receive six packs of cards to make a 40-card deck. This will take place after the "State Championships". Cost will be $10.00 per player. It will be sanctioned as well.

I will be posting more news as I receive it from Pokemon USA, Inc. or I as think it up.

Take care and get those decks ready.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2004
  12. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Well it is my understanding Clay won at least one of the Houston area CC GBA tourneys... and he has yet to beat me in competitive play, now for fun he has won a few... But yes, I havent played many Houston area yet... defenitely among the elite in North TX though.... a few more weeks to see if Ican be de-throned...... Though I would take an SC 1st place win over a GBA 1st place win any day, simple because beter prize support.... and I still have 3 weeks to prepare....yay!

13. old man

old man New Member

Will there be a deck list to fill out & a deck check to be done? It wasn't mentioned anywhere above.

14. Master Professor Birch

Roll Call......

~old man~

Yes, there will be decklists to fill out and decks will be checked.

Also, there will be a few surprises in store for those that will be attending the "Oklahoma State Championships". :D

The "Seal Deck" side event will be limited to the first 32 players that register and pay. The "Seal Deck" side event will cost $10.00.

Let's start seeing who will be attending this event. A "Roll Call" is in order. Start replying now if you will attend this event. :thumb:

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2004
  15. old man

old man New Member

Of course I will be there as well as my son. I know of several others planning on attending from the local tournament scene but they don't post here.

16. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Me and Poinko most likely... maybe MrMeches and son... dunno for sure...

17. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ New Member

Me and my brother most likely will....we are going cmaping at turner falls and we decided that since we will be so close we might attend the evnt too.....lol i better be sure to take my bed for a comfy sleep lol...anyways possibly see y'all there:)

18. Master Professor Birch

The Count Down Has Begun....

:pokeball: Oklahoma The Count Down Has Begun!!!! :pokeball:

Oklahoma, your State is next for the "State Championships". On Saturday, April 24th Master Professor Birch will be in your State to run the "Oklahoma State Championships". With the help of Oklahoma's most famous professors, Roy "old man" Roberson and Dr. Ryan Davis, this will be an event that you will not want to miss. :D

Below is a schedule of events and times that they will start. (Any previous listings on the schedule of events are no longer in effect. This is the last schedule to be posted.)

6851 East Reno
    Midwest City, Oklahoma 73110
    (For directions use MapQuest or call "The Game" @ (405) 737-2324)

9:00am.........Registration Starts ("State Championships" / GBA Tournament / Sealed Deck Tournament)

9:30am......"GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament Starts (Single Elimination) (Same Rules as the "City Championships") (Entry Fee: FREE) (Prizes to the Top-4: 1st Place...5-Packs, 2nd Place...3-Packs, and 3rd-4th Place...1-Pack) (Be Here on Time to Play in this Event)

10:00am....."Oklahoma State Championships" Begins (Age-Modified Swiss Rounds / Cut to top of Each Age Group will be determined before the tournament starts.) (Entry Fee: $10.00)

1:00pm......Surprise...Surprise!!!!

1:30pm......"Oklahoma State Championships" (Restart to the Finish) (Awards to the Victors)

After the Awards for the "State Championships"......"Sealed Deck" Tournament Begins (You will receive 6-packs of "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" to make a 40-Card Deck including energy. Age-Modified Swiss Rounds / Cut to the Top-8.) (Prizes to the Top-8: 1st Place...18-packs, 2nd Place...10-packs, 3rd-4th Place...5-packs, 5th-8th Place...3-packs) (This tournament will be limited to the first 32-players that are paid.
    ~~~ENTRY FEE: $10.00~~~ )

Yes, this is not a misprint. The Entry Fee to the "Sealed Deck" Tournament is only $10.00!!!! :thumb:

Get ready Oklahoma, there will be invaded by players from Texas. There were a good number of Oklahoma players that came to the "Texas State Championships" on Sunday. Andrew finished SECOND in the "11-14" Age Group. Congratulations, Andrew!!!!! :clap: "old man" finished 10th out of 35 in the "15-Over" Age Group. :clap: The "old man" is on his way up~~finally.

Get your decks ready!!!! Those "City Champions", you need to be here to pick up your "VIP Packages"!!!! Good luck to one and all. Birch will be in the house on Saturday. :cool:

Take care and I will see you then.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
  19. Master Professor Birch

VIP Info.....

~~Oklahoma Stae Championships....VIP Information~~

Hey Guys!!!! If you are a "City Champion" or "State Champion", below is the list of "VIP Perks" that you will receive at the "Oklahoma State Championships".

:clap: "VIP Perks" :clap:

*There is a special "VIP Line" for you to register for the "State Championship".

*The "VIP" Entry Fee is $5.00-Off ($5.00 for VIPs and $10.00 for non-VIPs)

*You will have special "VIP Tables" to play your matches on.

*If you have not used your "VIP Bye", you may do so at the "Oklahoma State Championship".

* If you have won a "City Championship" in the State of Oklahoma, you will pick up your "VIP Package" when you register.

* When we will be having our "Surprise~Surprise" at 1:00pm; you, the VIPs will be the first in line.

Attention~Attention!!!!!

Every "Premier Event" that takes place between now and the "World Championships", "VIPs" will receive our "Red Carpet" treatment. :cool:

So all of you Pokemon players that have not won to become a "VIP", work extra long and hard to get your decks ready for the "Oklahoma State Championships". At the next "Premier Event", Master Professor Birch can add you name to the "VIP List"!!! :thumb:

Good luck, I am looking forward to seeing all of you on Saturday at the "Oklahoma State Championships". ;)

20. old man

old man New Member