Old Pokemon Cards

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Salazar, Jan 14, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Salazar

Salazar New Member

I was wondering, does anyone still play with/ collect the older Pokemon cards? The ones from the Base, Jungle, Gym Leader sets, and Neos. It seems like everybody's just into the newer ones nowadays.

2. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Yeah, it is probably because most of the hardcore collectors completed those sets a long time ago. This website seems to be more popular with the players than the collectors. Just look at how active the Deck forum is compared to things about collecting like parts of the Single Cards forum, and about half of the Price Guide Discussion forum. They don't see nearly as much activity.

3. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

A lot of the older cards are not tournament legal.
    They are only good for collecting purposes.

Many people like myself and various other players who have been into Pokémon for the last 9-10 years (depending if you started with the anime or the TCG )have a lot of the older cards too.
    (almost 11/12 years for the people who started Pokémon in 1996/1997 with the Gameboy game/ Japanese Anime)

4. Marril

Marril New Member

The only cards I have are Gym 1 or earlier, so if I ever want to play, that's what I play with. Besides, it's fun to Oak into multiple ERs/SERs and a PlusPower or two. Oak predates the silly supporter rule, which is why he's not only fun to play with, but also the most powerful card ever printed.

Old-school Haymaker might not be the strongest deck type anymore, but it destroys decks that can't face heavy energy denial without folding.

5. Jason

Jason New Member

I am a collector and I seek older cards to complete my collection since I restarted in 2006 and I need them to complete any sets.... As ya know I stopped collecting at Gym 1 release with me only owns 4 incomplete set at that time

6. DukeFireBird

DukeFireBird Gallery Administrator<br>Forum Moderator

im always looking for older cards, i have a godbook collection, and i need quite a bit of cards to complete it.

7. Salazar

Salazar New Member

Thats good to know that some other people out there still collect the older cards. I thought I was the only one. I'm just starting to get the new EX series cards, and the D&P series, theyre nothing like the old ones.

I'm getting rid of alot of my older sets, and a few of the 1st edition base booster boxes I still have from the golden days of pokemon, because it seems like theyve just died out.

8. Bullet

Bullet New Member

sadly I probably still got everything ranging from Base - Neo series. Japanese is just ridiculous to, I still got the orignal Surfing Pikachu, Flying one, birthday pikachu, ANA cards, yeah talk about pretty old.

I still wish this was 1999 where I could become rich off of those cards. Especially when Birthday Pikachu had people dishing out $600 for it.