old school deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Am Pm, Oct 4, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Am Pm

Am Pm New Member

This deck can be called an old school beatdown. It did good in some
    tournament's to take a look and let me know what you think.

4xbrocks mankey "karate chop"
    4xclefairy
    3xclefable "metronome"
    2xscyther "jungle"
    2xcleffa "eeeek"
    15 pokemon

4xberry
    4xfocus band
    4xgust of wind
    3xpotion
    3xgoldberry
    3xitem finder
    3xcomputer search
    2xtown volunteer's
    2xhealing feilds
    3xoak
    31 trainer's

6xfighting
    4xpotion
    4xrecycle
    14 energy

Strategy: I play karate chop brocks mankey because I like doing 40 damage
    for just 2 energy's, plus no retreat cost. Karate chop:-10 damage done to your opponent's active pokemon for every damage counter on brocks mankey. This is
    what Healing fields, berry's and potions are for. Clefable has resistance to mankey's weakness and it can do a lot of damage for 1 energy. Scyther has
    resistance to Clefable's weakness and has no retreat cost, and takes all colorless to attack.
    all suggestion's are wanted.

2. Umbreonking

Umbreonking New Member

This deck was one of the beat strategies I ever played cause it really works and if you have Mankeys weakness you better watch out

3. Captain Obviousx1

Captain Obviousx1 New Member

Why not play Electabuzz instead? He averages 35 for two, plus a nice first turn attack. Mankey is likely to be taken out in one shot by just about anything around turn 2-3. Then you can remove the ridiculous amounts of healing and run some disruption, more energy, or both.

4. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Wheres the plus power and wrath

5. Am Pm

Am Pm New Member

Well, base set electabuzz is my most favorite card. But this deck was
    built around brocks mankey.It can knock out clefable
    or wiggly ect, in one hit.I built this deck because
    no one else I knew played it. Focus band's can prevent a ko.
    This deck play's better than you think. No card should be
    underestimated.
    thanx

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  6. Am Pm

Am Pm New Member

OK, to increase damage I will make this fix.
    -3potion
    +3plus power

7. Captain Obviousx1

Focus Band isn't dependable though. I see your point about the Clefable/Wiggly kills, but why not run Hitmonchan for only one more energy? 30 more Hp plus a solid attack base make him a better candidate to take out those annoying Colorless Pokes, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good deck...but a mediocre 40 Hp basic isn't worth so many supporting cards. You could easily take out 7-10 cards from your deck, and be much more diverse while still having a deck that's as effective, if not more effective, than the one you're playing. Granted, it would change the theme of your deck. However, the Mankey makes no sense to me. Then again, everyone plays weird cards every now and then...I had a Dark Primeape deck. ^_^

8. Am Pm

Am Pm New Member

I can understand why people may think this deck is a waste because the main pokemon has 40 hp. Trust me,if this deck wasn't that good, I wouldn't have even bothered posting it. I wanted to see what people would think of my "let's say," different deck. But overall this deck is effective.
    thanks for the reply's so far.

9. Captain Obviousx1

No, I think it's a great deck...but I wouldn't be able to play with it. More power to ya if it works well though. ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.