Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Omastar/Cradily take over GardyEX

Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:
Umm not sure if this is the right forum but is there a good strategy for battling GardyEX with a Omastar/Cradily deck?Or when to evolve and stuff like that.

I've been playing a 'perfect fossil' deck (no basics, 2 Kabuto/3 Kabutops Ex/1 Omastar, 2 Lileep/4 Cradilly. Its fun, but I haven't found a way to make it work vs. Gardy. I think I haven't tried the Omastar at the opportune points yet. Just watch for those rare candies...then after they have evolved to the point where its trouble...pull down. I haven't really focused on that and I know some ops have gone by. That said, I think this plays better vs. players that run their deck on the edge (4 RC). Someone who is playing a Firestarter Variant or Garde with no RC will not be susceptible.

Well i play it this way Buried Fossilx3 Omanytex3 Omastarx3 Root Fossilx4 Lileepx3 Cradilyx3 and Wobbufetx2 and sky Ditto.Pull Down is hard to pull of cause 1rst you have to do what 60-70 damage and then pull down to knock out that Kirlia but then they still have GardyEX in there hand and evolve again but by the time you do that 60-70 damage they strike back knocking you out.Then theres always GardyEX's weakness grass thats when Cradily comes but it still doesn't work cause you strike for 100 then it doesn't knock them out so Gardy decks alot of times have alot of healing so they heal up then knock you out and there all healed up to take an attack from your next Wobb,Ditto,Cradily,or Omastar.God I hate GardyEX.

You don't need the damage if they use Rare Candy since they may need another Rare Candy to get the Stage-2 Pokemon back. The trick is to run them out of RCs.

I play a Fossil deck (no basics) with Omastar, Cradily and Armaldo. My only fossil is Root and I use Lileep to get the other Stage-1s benched. I used it for the first time at last weekend's CC and had some very interesting games, but I found out that I have to make significant changes to the trainer engine.

RC=Rare Candy. If they Rare Candies to a Gardevoir ex, then you devolve them to Ralts and they would need another Rare Candy to get Gard ex right away.

TennisEmperor said:
Cradily ex is extremely good and would probably beat gardevoir even without it being weak to it.

There is no reason to play Cradily EX in the present environment. You are weak to Blaziken decks and the water decks people play against Blaziken, it doesn't get much worse. It does more damage, but it doesn't even have a guaranteed one-hit KO of GEX, so I would just stay with the regular Cradily which have really good attacks and at least no water weakness (I had two matches against Blaziken variants at the latest CC and both had to see their Delcatty slowly rot without being able to retreat or use its power while I got my bench in order).

Back