Omastar PK - Any Potential?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Flygon999, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

I was looking at some of the old cards and thats when I saw Omastar, and I thought, "WOW!" for only 1 :colorless , you can De-evolve all of your opponents pokemon!! So I was thinking, what would he go good with? is it worth trying it? I thought it could possibly be good with Flygon ex, Empoleon, etc. It could make your opponent waste their Rare Candys. Any suggestions??

2. metagross

metagross New Member

Every time I see my opponent's bench consisting of 3 Rare Candied Stage 2s, I wish I had Omastar in my deck. I wouldnt run it as a more than 2-1-2 or 1-0-1 line though.

3. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Mabye Prinplup with it? spread alot of damage with it, de-evolve all of them rare-candyd pokemon, waste their rare candys and at the same time you can knock them out to!!

4. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

^ To slow.

5. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

No it's not, jsut use Claydol or a 1 Relicanth tech along with 4 Pachis. Or mabye Budew/Mawile since they can search for Trainers.

6. AnimeDDR110

AnimeDDR110 New Member

Frankie Durso introduced this card to us on saturday at league. I think it has potential.

7. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

Alakazam * /w Omastar PK = SURPRISE!

I like what the card does, it's just that you need to play it in a fossil deck. As a tech it's pretty needy. I'd play it anyway in spread deck, though, even if I had to get an excavator to use it efficiently.

8. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

What if you teched in a Omastar HP for Gallade's weakness to psychic?

9. kristi

kristi New Member

It is SOOOOOO good in spread decks. I just saw it when my friend showed it to me at league last Saturday, and at first, I didn't think that it was much good, but then I thought about how your opponent wastes rare candies, and they COULD have their Pokemon KOed. IT is a really good 1-0-1 or maybe up to 2-1-2 line in decks especially like flygon ex d.

I know most of what I said has already been stated, but oh well.

10. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

I tried teching it in my magmortar deck but I couldn't find any space so it't not really worth it right now but maybe when the new omastar comes out it will be.

11. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

I do believe Omastar PK has alot of potential. Especially when Omastar MD comes out. I have always wanted to try and use this card, but i never have.

12. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

how about a deck of.........

3-1-3 Omastar Pk/(delta Omanyte)
    4-2-3-2 Flygon ex d/Flygon HP
    4 Holon's Castform
    1 Budew
    3 Pachirisu
    1-1 Fearow
    1 Mew * (star)

Strategy: Start with Pachi/Budew/Castform and build up. if they have mag, power up an Omastar with 1 castform and have 1 lake boundry in play, which does 140 damage to a Magmortar. If your opponent is playing G&G, use Flygon ex d and make sure LB is in play, then that'll do 160 Damage!!

what does everyone think of this? Note: I was thinking that I may not need the Fearow, if you don't think that I need it, what else should I put in?

13. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

not a bad list. Maybe a tech of 1 MD Omastar so you can de-evlove twice in one turn!

14. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

What does it do?

15. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

Omastar MD. I'm not sure on the attack, BUT! i do know that when you play it from your hand to evolve one of your pokemon, it has the same effect as Omastar PK's Pull Down attack

16. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Is this on 'Beach or somethin'? And when is it going to be released?

17. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

I can't remember if it was on the beach. I remember it being posted somewhere here on the Gym i do believe, and i got told it is getting released in Majestic Dawn

18. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Well then, let's just make the deck with the cards that are out now for regionals.

should I post the whole deck in the deck help and strat?

19. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

that wouldn't be a bad idea. It's already in this thread so people may already know about it. The choice is up too you.

20. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

okay, I'm writing right now......... well I mean not now now, just when I finish this post.

Edit:

Deck Posted.L@@k.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008