Omastar TecH

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Magnechu, Nov 6, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnechu

Magnechu Active Member

Well, I've tried Slaking, Gardy, Sceptile, Gatr, and other various decks, but this one seems to work the best. Major props to Gymbo for giving me the idea. Strategy at the bottom:

Omastar TecH v.1.0

Pokemon(18)
    4 Omanyte(SS)
    4 Omastar(SS)
    3 Eevee(SS)
    1 Vaporeon(SS)
    1 Espeon(SS)
    1 Flareon(SS)
    2 Zangoose(SS)
    2 Wobbuffet(SS)

Trainers(26)
    4 Professor Oak's Research
    4 Mysterious Fossil
    4 Bill's Maintenance
    4 Potion
    3 Switch
    3 Professor Elm's Training Method
    2 Town Volunteers
    2 Crystal Shard

Energy(16)
    10 Water Energy
    3 Multi Energy
    3 Rainbow Energy

Strategy: Before you say anything, I wanted Buried Fossil over Mysterious Fossil. The only problem is, I don't have any. Also, Copycat is just too weak the times I've played it. I had 3 Copycat in here, along with 3 Warp Point, but they didn't help. So, I added 4 Potion, another Maintenance, and another PETM. Omastar is used for pretty everything and Crystal Shard helps with that even against Sceptiles. Vaporeon/Espeon/Flareon are in there to cover weaknesses and, as the title says, for TecH. Flareon can be used to OHKO their one Sceptile. Espeon can be used to OHKO their Gardevoir ex. Vaporeon, well, I was thinking of changing it to Skyridge Jolteon. NOT Sandstorm one, however, because that takes 2 Electric Energy, which is not how I plan to play it.

This deck has gone 6-3. It has gone 3-2 against Sceptiles and one loss was by one draw away.

So, any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!! :)

2. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Hey, I play Omastar too, so I know pretty well what you should fix...

Vaporeon is pretty pointless, as you already have Omastar against fire, so I'd get rid of it for another Espeon or Flareon. It depends what you play most in your area. I don't play Zangoose in my version, and I guess you're using it against Sceptile mostly, so that's ok. I just think that Zangoose gets OHKO'd really easily and that he can be a waste of 3 energies. Wobbuffett looks good. You may want to use some Sandstorm error Marill, because they have free retreat and it's attack isn't bad either.

Bill's Maintenance stinks, don't use it. Use Prof Birch and/or Desert Shaman instead. You probably only need 1 Town Volunteers. Lastly, try to fit in a couple Oran Berries or maybe even 1 strength charm.

Good luck with this! The only problem you'll face will not be Sceptile, it'll be an electric deck. My friend uses expedition Amphy with Zapdos and Moltres and tech, and it's really hard to beat with Omastar. I know you have your tech stuff in there, but they wouldn't help much against it. I use Hariyama in my deck to use against mainly electric, and Zapdos is resistant to Hariyama, so it doesn't help at all. But thankfully, not many people play electric, though I believe it's a really strong type, especially with Elekid to get lots of energy out early.

3. Magnechu

Magnechu Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions!! I took out one Vaporeon for a Jolteon SS. It seems to work a little better. Also, right now I'm playtesting Marril instead of Zangoose. Bill's Maintenance, IMHO, is the second best Trainer in MF right now. POR is the best. Maintenance just gives you a card advantage while keeping your hand. I might use Birch. I'm thinking of running 2 Maintenance/2 Prof. Birch. I'll playtest. Elctric has been a little bit of a problem, but Zangoose, Espy and Flare have been able to help.

Thanks again!! More comments please!! :)

4. Magnechu

Magnechu Active Member

Come on!! Please, I'd like some of the Gym's expert help!! :)

5. Pablo

Pablo New Member

well, id say that you drop a town volunteers and both crystal shards, since you have advantage over evey type, why would you want to go colorless against sceptile, now add in an extra flareon, an extra espy and change the vaporeon to jolteon, and add in an extra as well. so your eevee line like this: 3/2-2-2. now, if you really want so swarm like in Gymbo's deck, try using underground lake, which allows you to bring back omanyte/kabuto from the discard and to the bench. I'd take out one bill's maintenance, and 1 switch/potion (your choice) for one underground lake, and one lure ball, which allows you to bring back an omastar too. I think that is a better way for swarming.

Also, dont take out the goose, since when dragons comes out, i bet flygon will be really popular, and so will be salamence with its gust of wind power :).
    Hope any of this helps

Last edited: Nov 9, 2003
  6. deathangel556

deathangel556 New Member

hey i play a sceptile tech and i can tell you now that if you dont have trans sceptile your not going to be able to deal 16 energy that is probably my only advice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.