Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Omastar vs. Dusknoir

yoyofsho16

I run Plox. The new Omastar is coming out, and I'm contemplating 1-0-1 Dusknoir tech v. 1-0-1 Omastar tech. What do you all think?

Omastar is powerful, and can devestate horridly with a TGW, or even without, if they rare candied their Pokemon to Stage 2.

But Dusknoir is Psychic, and has a useful attack that works with G & G well.

Their powers are debated, and I'm not too sure which is better.

HELP ME!

Sure, i'll help you by moving this to a more appropriate forum. THose rules posted at the top of the Deck Help forum aren't there for show you know.

If you only have room for 1-0-1, Dusknoir is more easy to set up.
If you have more space for 2-1-2, Omastar should be highly considered.

Basically what it comes down to:How much space you have. IIRC, Plox has a fair bit of space in it, so a 2-1-2 Omastar shouldn't be impossible to implement.

I guess it depends on the deck, but overall I'd argue that Dusknoir is the better tech for G&G. From what I've seen, most people don't go abusing Sonic Blade much, and overall G&G doesn't have much in the way of bench damaging attacks, which I think makes Omastar useful; if your opponent has a heavily damaged bench, one Omastar could crush them. Alternatively, Dusknoir allows for better bench control (essentially limiting your opponent to 4 Pokemon on the bench unless they like losing key Pokemon) and can be used continually, instead of being a one-shot deal.

If you don't spread damage or have a way to abuse Wager at any point, then go Dusknoir. Dusknoir is better in heavy hitter decks since it can clean a problematic pokemon off the field while you KO their active. Omastar isn't meant to do that. It's meant to disrupt the opponent's field. If you devolve their bench, you aren't getting rid of any threats (unless they are rare candied). That is why Omastar is better in dmg spread decks. Get pokemon down to 50HP left and devolve the bench and KO everything, then Wager all the evolutions back into the deck.

Dusknoir is easier to pull off, but Omastar's power could clinch the game the second it's used if used properly in a deck.

I think it also depends on how your deck works though, if you have lots of Roseannes, Pachirisu, Celio's, and other cards to search for pokemon it will be close to impossible to draw into the Fossil if you only use 1 or even 2... While Duskull is easy enough to search for, but isn't as effective sometimes... :rolleyes:

See it more like this, lots of TGW + Lots of draw/Claydol = Omastar will rock! :thumb:

But, More search supporters + Less draw power + Opponent not using draw supporters or TGW if you're using G&G = Dusknior will be much easier to get out. :biggrin:

Back