Online battle

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by ZUES, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZUES

ZUES New Member

has any one tried a forum battle or to create a program like apprentice?

2. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

Apprentice has been popular for fake online tournaments. It is also a good way to playtest your decks. Of course though, it is unoffical. Forum battles? They never turn out good because there is no way of transmitting random result info (like coin flipping).

3. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

To add to Myst's post above: forum battles also do not work because they are SPAM...if you want to battle someone please either use Apprentice or battle via AIM rather than cluttering up the forum with what would essentially be a private conversation.

Thanks for understanding...

'mom

4. ZUES

ZUES New Member

Where can I download the appr. patch for pokemon? Also where do you post challenges?

5. Well, generally, you don't 'post challenges'. Normally, you contact a friend over a chat program of some sort (AOL Instant Messanger, Yahoo! Messanger, MSN, etc), and set it up through that. Remember, Apprentice requires an IP address to contact the other person. You don't want to give that out to just any person.

6. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

Might I direct you to a very recent thread located here

7. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

As oneder said, there's already a topic on Apprentice, so I'm locking this as redundant. Thanks for understanding...

'mom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.