OREGON State Pokemon Championships - March 9, 2013 (UPDATED 3/3/2013)

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by Big Daddy Snorlax, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

OREGON STATE POKEMON CHAMPIONSHIPS 2013
    <<< Basic Information >>>

Location: Oregon State Fair and Expo Center - Jackman Long (Americraft Center), 2330 17th Street NE, Salem OR

Date: Saturday, March 9th, 2013

Time: Registration begins at 8:00 AM
    . . . . . . . . . . (You must be in line by 9:15 or you will be considered late and may get a 1st round loss)
    . . . . . . . . . . (Players will be seated at 9:30 AM for a Players Meeting)
    . . . . . . . . . . (The Swiss rounds will last 6 to 8 hours)
    . . . . . . . . . . (Final rounds will be single elimination, 2 out of 3)

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 2002 or later) / Seniors (born in 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001) / Masters (born in 1997 or earlier)

Format: Modified Constructed Deck (Bring your own 60 card deck - Cards are allowed from Black & White or later as well as Black Star Promos BW01 and higher, McDonalds Promo Collection cards and Black & White Trainer Kit cards) Note: A limited amount of loaner decks are available for new players who want to participate but may not have a legal deck to use.

Style: Age Modified Swiss (all players will play in every round)

Cost: FREE

Additional Information: Call (971) 221-7147 or e-mail bds@pokegym.net

Side Events and Activities:
    Hotel Information:
    BDS

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  2. Benzo

Benzo Front Page News Editor<br>Forum Moderator

Woo-hoo! Bring it on! Going to be there!

3. DarkStar20

DarkStar20 Front Page Editor

Can't Wait! If this event is HALF as good as NW regionals was, it's going to be an amazing event!

4. jon_meadowbrook

jon_meadowbrook New Member

Is there anyone traveling from Seattle?

5. pokesam128

pokesam128 New Member

many people 171717

6. Final Boss

Final Boss New Member

Is there any information about a pokemon states discount at the shilo inn or another hotel in Salem, OR.

7. Big Daddy Snorlax

As a matter of fact I will be signing the deal with the Red Lion Salem on Tuesday. They will be offering rooms at $70 plus tax. I will post the details regarding the number to call and the group discount name on Tuesday night after I meet with the Red Lion staff.

BDS

8. Big Daddy Snorlax

<UPDATE>

Unfortunately the Red Lion manager was out of the office today so I still don't have the agreement signed. She is supposed to be back in tomorrow, so I'll hopefully have news on the discount tomorrow.

BDS

9. Big Daddy Snorlax

The group rate is set up at the Red Lion Salem. I'll post the full information tonight but the rate should be available if you call and book under the Pokemon Championships group. Here is the information Red Lion sent me:
    BDS

10. Pokemom68

Pokemom68 New Member

I just called to make the reservation and they said they do not have a block reserved for Pokemon. :( I made a reservation anyways but it was $109 a night.

11. Big Daddy Snorlax

I dropped off the contract at noon so I'll follow up tomorrow. The rate will be $70 plus tax for either a double queen or king suite. Once I make sure they have told everyone behind the desk I'm sure you can call back and get that changed.

BDS

12. Big Daddy Snorlax

The Red Lion Inn Salem is offering a group discount rate for our Pokemon Championship. You have a choice of a king or double queen room for $70 a night plus tax. Here is the reservation procedure the Red Lion sent me:
    If you have any problems getting the rate let me know immediately and I'll work with the Red lion to fix the problem.

BDS

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  13. Big Daddy Snorlax

Updated the first post with Side Event and Hotel information.

LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO!!!!

BDS

14. Dragonmaster

Dragonmaster New Member

With this event being at the fair grounds do you know if they are going to have the concession stands open for food or will we have to walk to what ever is close by ?

15. Big Daddy Snorlax

The concession stand will be open.

BDS

16. DarkStar20

DarkStar20 Front Page Editor

I can't wait, got my car full of people and trip all planned, and now to play the waiting game....

17. Dragonmaster

Dragonmaster New Member

Thanks Big Daddy Snorlax for the info.

18. Serperior

Serperior New Member

I'm going! Hopefully I'll not get paired up against someone like colter!

19. Lion King

Lion King New Member

I cannot wait! It's tomorrow! I've been testing my deck and hopefully I'll do decent.

20. SuperPikachu

SuperPikachu New Member

Finally something that's not to far from. My house can't wait