3 Celios Network (DF)
4 Prof' Cosmos Discovery (HP)
2 Team Galactics Wage (MT)
3 Roseanne's Research (DF)
1 Scott (PK)
2 Warp Point (DP)
3 Wind Storm (CG)

Hello!
This might just look like a deck I threw together for fun, but its not. The strategy is too basically take out your opponents energy card attachment for the turn and disable it, but that goes along way, lemme explain:

First of all, have you read Palkia Lv.X's PokePower? You get to choose one of your opponents bench pokemon and switch it with the defending Pokemon (better then Mightyena Ex becuase you get to choose the pokemon). Great, because you can bring up there high retreat pokemon, or even a 1 energy retreat Pokemon, and then hit there good guy's on the bench with a quick sniper like Octillary, Cloyster, Prinplup/Empoleon for example. Simple.

Palkia Lv.X

But its all fun and games intell you read the rest of Palkia's Restructure: 'Your opponent switchs your active pokemon with one of your bench Pokemon'. That bites...right?
So thats what Mantines all about, he gives your water pokemon (the only type ran in the deck) free retreat. So when they choose one of your bench Pokemon, simply switch back to the hard-hitting bench hitter and dictate. Remember, you get too switch there pokemon too, so bring up the high retreat pokemon as there active, and pick on the bench.
If they only have 1 retreat cost pokemon in play (very popular now), in a way, this could be better. And that is because they will be tempted to retreat that Pokemon, causing them to use there energy per turn AND discarding it. The major problem for the opponent comes when he or she realizes they can't send up a pokemon to sacrafice, cause i'll just snipe there good guy on the bench.
Also, Octillary isn't your only choice for a sniper. Empoleon, Prinplup, Cloyster SW, or Dodrio work well, but it must be a pokemon with free retreat or a water type so Mantine can take care of the retreat cost

Palkia Lv.X, Octillary, Mantine:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/cosmicPizza_2006/106-palkia-lv-x.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/cosmicPizza_2006/oct.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/cosmicPizza_2006/mantine.jpg

~Daniel

Last edited:
Nice deck idea. Though i think your trainers need work.
I think you should have more setup trainers and less disruption (though i still think it has a place in here). More detailed help later.

It just sets up sooo fast, and Mantyke as a starter can be good also to set-up, acually, Octillary is the only evolution so it really isn't slow. Any farther help thoe would be appreciated

And Empoleon could work too, but then I would have to add in the set-up trainers, which normally would be okay, but I'm just a little worried about the fast meta-game, and I'd like too keep this fast and consistent.

Empoleon, Octillary, Cloyster, or Dodrio, there about the same, so I may use either one of them

~Daniel

mods are prolly gonna come lock this because of bumping,
but...

i dont think 3 windstorm is nessesary, and i would only play like a 3-2 mantine at most,

Octillery is a decent card if you're worried about faster decks, but I think I agree with Empoleon as a better card for this metagame. The potential disruption you get, plus the larger bench damage amount means you'll get rid of high hp bench pokemon faster. The only drawback I can see to this deck might be Darkrai Lv X - which I'm sure you'll come across. Double full heal might come in handy, or Unown g.

Of all the cards in this set, I was drawn to Pavl Lvl X first.
I built this weekend, and the build I did was.
2/2 Pav
4/4 Mantine
2/2 Prinlup (didn't even bother going to Empleon, maybe I should)
I use Prinlup Because Prinlup has a 1 NRG attack, that is the reason I have used it.

Mantine Swarm win's the game for you more often than not. The biggest problem with the deck is Garn/Gal. Just have a hard time beating it, thus the rule is if you can't take on the BDIF, don't bother. I only have 1 Crsytal Beach, maybe increasing it will help.
I have thought long about Octiliary also, so I don't dismiss it. Other options would be Dodrio, but the mechanics of the turn ussually means you want to have something that can attack right away.

No more bumping ~_~

1. Why only one holon wp? you won't get it when you need it. what matchups is it for?
2. I would drop the Cozmo's for a better draw. Almost anything is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back