Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Para-flinchers.

SnorlaxStampede

I've been trying to find a good para-flincher (other than Kingdra) and have come up with 5 promising movesets. I'm kinda leaning towards the sceptile. Here they are.

Sceptile @ Kingsrock
Agility
Dragonbreath
Crunch
Leafblade

Gyrados @ Kingsrock
Dragon Dance
Rain Dance
Thunder
Water Pulse

Manectric @ Kingsrock (Ability = Static)
Thunderwave
Headbutt
Thunderbolt
Double Team

Altaria @ Kingsrock
Dragon Dance
Dragon Breath
Ice Beam
Earthquake

Raichu @ Kingsrock
Agility
Thunderwave
Thunderbolt
Return

There they are. Wich one do you think is best and why, plus what changes would you make.

Sceptile is fast as it is, why does it need agility?

Does Gyarados really need DragonDance, as you're not using any Physical attacks anyway, and it's phys attack is good to begin with? If you're not using TM's, go Bite (flinch, and super vs Psychics). If you are, why not go Double Team to really annoy them! Hyper Beam would also make good use of it's good phys.attack rating.

on Manectric, drop ThunderWave, as it's Pokemon Power (Ability) will do that anyway, and go for Bite (as above), or TM in IronTail (Geodude's will whoop it otherwise). Even Roar would be worth a look if you don't want to use those.

On Altaria, Ice Beam is more powerful than DragonBreath, even with the type advantage, so if you want to keep DragonDance, why not go Fly instead? if not, go Mist instead of Dragondance, and keep DragonBreath.

Raichu is fast as is, and once you paralyse them, their speed drops dramatically, so why worry about Agility? on this one, keep ThunderWave, but not Agility. Have you considered using Attract or DoubleTeam?

Overall, they're all good for what you want, I think, but these are only my suggestions, so see what other people think too.

Last edited:
Try using otehr Strats with Paraflinching. Stuff like Attract and Confusion go along way, and make it hard to be attacked.

One quick question. Is it a good move to teach Kindra Dragon-breath with Kings Rock? Cause I gave him Rain Dance over Dragon-breath because of his ability (Swift Swim).

Well, my Kingdra (Para Flincher) is as stands, but with 1 possible modification.

Kingdra @ Kings Rock
Surf/Water Pulse
Dragon Breath
Rest
Raindance

it is Timid (+ Speed, -At) with maxed Sp At and Speed. Rain Dance is a good Speed booster, and Surf/Water Pulse inhancer. Apparently Kings Rock used to not work with Attacks that had extra Status, but now it does. It is possible to Paralyze and Flinch in same attack with Dragon Breath, or Confuse and Flinch with Water Pulse. Even though Water Pulse doesnt have the power Surf does, but by adding Confusion to the mix, you get a deadly Flinch, Paralysis, Confusion combo.....

Also another Possible Paraflincher. Linoone. Can learn Headbutt and Secret Power, and Stab both. Even can learn Oder Slueth if you are worried about Ghost. Its Stats are a bit Poorer, but if you can get Paraflinching going, it stands a good chance. Also learns interesting stuff like Substitue, Double Team, Water Pulse and a few others.

Last edited:
Back