Participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life - Need Help!

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by ShawofMordor, Mar 11, 2008.

1. ShawofMordor

ShawofMordor New Member

Hey everyone,

On April 12th and 13th I along with thousands of others across the country will be participating in a relay for life. The relay for life is an event sponsored by the American Cancer Society to raise money for research and awareness of the need for more help in fighting the disease.

At different locations across the country "relays" will go from 6PM on the 12th to 7AM on the 13th. People will be walking together in support of this cause.

At my school, Drexel University, I will be participating in this relay (after I get back from Regionals of course).

As I said, the purpose of this event is mainly to raise money for research to bring an end to cancer. This is where you all come in. Each participant is supposed to get donations and I am hoping that the PokeGym community will help me out and donate to this cause.

I think everybody knows me. I've been a member of this site for years and have done hundreds of trades with most of the active members. I make threads, help with decks. I've probably loaned out cards at every single tournament I've attended.

If those of you that read this can help me out by donating I would really appreciate it. All the money is going to the non-profit American Cancer Society. It doesn't have to be a lot - every dollar counts! If you want to donate please check out this link where you can use your credit card. If you want to use cash, check, or paypal, send me an IM.

I'm confident you guys won't let me down!

Shaw of Mordor

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  2. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

Wow, you had the same idea I did. Our university is doing it too, and all the RA's on my staff are forced to raise money. I really thought raising my 100.00 minimum was going to be easy. "Ask mom and dad" they say. When your parents aren't working, you can't do that.

3. ShawofMordor

ShawofMordor New Member

Yeah its not too easy haha. I'm trying though! What university do you go to?

4. secretsof2113

I go to Ohio University, so essentially I'm your neighbor. XD

5. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

Hey Shaw,

I would be happy to help you reach your goal for such a worth cause. I just finished donating 25 for your relay. :thumb:

Drew

6. ShawofMordor

ShawofMordor New Member

Yeah!!! Thanks Drew. One step closer. :)

PS - Ohio is nowhere near Philly.

7. I have two Gardy EX. Can you sell them on ebay or somewhere and use the money as a donation? Or could you just put me down as anonymous for $10?

8. secretsof2113

:p I know the cities are far apart. I'm talking about the states. We are neighbors statewise :lol:

9. ShawofMordor

ShawofMordor New Member

Hey DCP, you can donate anonymously. When you try to donate it asks for your name you can just put in Anonymous. That's what my first donation is actually. I'd do the Gardy X thing too if you wanted. Either way helps me out!

And yeah secrets, I drove to Nats once and had to go through PA to OH. Its like 7 hours lol.

10. secretsof2113

LOL, that's what you get for being on the far east side of the state! I would assume you're coming to nats this year too. If so, I hope to see you there!

11. They are Gardy EX from Dragon Frontier I think. My pledge may go up. I will give $5 for every soccer goal David scores this season. Last year his team had 11 total goals. David had zero. He would have had one but for some reason they said no goal. Offsides maybe? New Season started today and in a two to two tie David Scored twice. Just happy it wasn't one for each team. like a kid did last year when he tried to kick it out of bounds past the goal. But since David scored two goals today we our up to $10 and hope the total will go up. So instead of anonymous I'll put it in David's name but on my credit card. Hope you reach your goal soon.

12. ShawofMordor

ShawofMordor New Member

The East side is the best, I'll be at Nats. ;)

That sounds like a great idea for the donation...I appreciate anything! Thanks again. Going to Nats this year?