Partners for Gardevoir

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by dkates, Sep 22, 2003.

1. dkates

dkates New Member

Since R/S Gardevoir is not only a possible up-and-coming archetype, but one of my new favorite cards, I'm trying to think of E-on legal Pokemon it works well with, especially Stage 1's and Basics. So far, I've come up with the following:
    • Chansey ex. This is especially good if you can swarm Gardevoir. Psy Shadow bunches of Psychic Energy onto your benched Pokemon, and use Chansey ex to remove the damage. Best if you attach one Energy each to 4 different Benched Pokemon with Psy Shadow.
    • Delcatty (Uncommon). Both are powered up by having more Energy on them, so Gardevoir can power up Delcatty.
    Anyone else have any ideas?

2. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

Gardevoir-EX: Just load up energy on your bench, then Psystorm away. You could even try and Psy Shadow to Root Fossil. The damage done by a single Psy Shadow would be gone by your next turn.

3. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Star piece so you can evolve anyone quickly.

4. dkates

dkates New Member

Wasn't looking for Trainers (other than Pseudo-Pokemon, anyway), but that is a good one. There's also Energy Switch, of course, as long as we're on that tangent. But as far as Pokemon, you could always do Gardevoir/Gardevoir ex/Mewtwo ex.

5. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

You can also use with pokemon with rage for example LC Dodrio

6. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

If you weren't specifying E-series, I would recommend a couple of cards my friend uses for his Unlimited MewtwoEX deck. Sabrina's Alakazam, and Alakazam (can't remember what set, though, sorry). The two Alakazams have pokemon powers called Psylink and Psymimic, (in no particular order).
    You put the Psylink as your active, because it gives you the ability to use the attacks from your benched (P) pokemon. The Psymimic lets you copy an opponents (P) pokemon's attack. So you Psymimic their attack while that pokemon is on your bench, then Psylink to that pokemon, and you can use any attack of a Psychic pokemon in play. Works wonders, the only downside being that you have to have 2 3-stage pokemon in your deck, for both the Alakazams.

Hopefully you've made some sense of that, and if anyone can tell me which Alakazam it is with the pokemon power, I'd like to know.

7. dkates

dkates New Member

You got them in order. I don't like running 2 Stage 2's (like Alakazam, Gardevoir, etc.) in any format. A deck with 2 Stage 2's always has MAJOR speed issues. What I like about Gardevoir is that it is wickedly fast for a Stage 2. In fact, it's fast compared to many Stage 1's.

8. bubicus

bubicus New Member

(Note: I've been playing mostly e-on lately, so I'm not mentioning stuff like comboing with Gold Berry or whatever.)

I've used R/S Gardevoir with:

any Pokemon with R/S Oran Berry - after you attach the Psychic Energy, it'll heal at the end of your turn (unless Aerodactyl ex is out).

R/S Delcatty #29 - like you said, Cannonball power-up.

SS Gardevoir ex - like orangesoda said, use R/S Gardevoir to attach Energy to a Benched Pokemon to power up Gardevoir ex's Psystorm. Oran Berry and/or Chansey ex are useful to heal damage and stall so Psystorm can become super-powerful. Really nice with Chansey ex active and healing your bench, two Gardevoirs out there powering up the bench like crazy, and Fisherman or Town Volunteers in your hand to get the Psychic Energy back when any of your Pokemon get knocked out (or if your Chansey ex suicides with Double Edge... :D )

any SS Baby - Attach Psychic Energy from your deck with Gardevoir to the SS Baby (preferably while it's Benched...) and it can heal its damage when it evolves. If your opponent can't kill the baby on his/her turn, then you can have three Energy on the baby when it evolves so it can do its best attack (Electabuzz's Energy Spear, Wobbuffet's Flip Over) on the next turn.

SS Xatu - haven't actually tried this, but it seems like Gardevoir would work well with Delcatty if two Xatu are Benched Pokemon.

Wynaut - another theoretical idea: use Gardevoir on a Wynaut if you need to get two Basic or Evolution cards in an emergency. Not sure how well that would work, since you'd probably lose the Wynaut. (By the time you have a Gardevoir out, your opponent may have something that can knock out the Wynaut with one hit.)

9. Fox!

Fox! New Member

Use it in combination with Pokemon that discard 1 or 2 "basic Energy cards" in order to use their attacks.
    Examples:
    Camerupt: 120 damage FFCC discard 2 basic energy cards
    Typhlosion EX (not the best choice since its an EX stage 2): 100 damage FFFCC discard 1 basic energy card

Or use them on Pokemon that do better with more damage on them with attacks like Rage. Pelipper will work too, since it'll be able to heal the damage it recieved from the power.

10. Dek

Dek New Member

now I know you weren't looking for trainer combos, but I think a good one would be Mewtwo ex and Energy Switch (Did someone mention that already?)