Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

past pokegym event at nationals

wesdad

My son and I had a great experience at a mutant draft hosted by Pokegym at Nationals (several years ago).

The combination of trying to put a deck together with cards from older sets we didn't understand with rules that are not commonly played and the late-night hour made it a memorable fun experience.

Will Pokegym or another organization consider running this type of event at a future "Nationals"?

most of the people who ran it in previous years are on staff for the event itself and/or will be playing in the professor cup. as of today, i haven't heard about any plans for one this year..

Thank you for the speedy reply.

The primary reason I posted the question was for future years' consideration of similar events. If memory serves, it was a very well-attended event. The players in our pod of 8 all seemed to have a lot of fun. I didn't see any unhappy players in part due to the late night hour and social nature of the event. Although there were prizes for the winners of each pod, they were small items i.e. dice. I hope this type of event will be considered in future years.

We'd love to do it again, but Nationals have evolved in recent years to be virtually non-stop work for staff.
We basically have time to work, eat, and sleep and not much else.

It just became too much for us to do it, especially since it had become so popular.
We were basically running a Regionals sized event on the same day we were running Nationals.
We had to choose. Run the PokeGym event, or live.
We chose to live. :)

TPCi has also stepped up the number of side activities during the event weekend too. The Professor Cup works in tandem, the Last Chance for Points happened (unsure of this year)...so you could probably hope for some other things to participate in too.

Back