Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PBR Report

Burritogirl

I was getting prepared for the tournament by deciding which 6 pokemon i was going to use on friday night. I wanted to suprise Skarmbliss that im going to use the sunny day team. I havent used that team since 05 but now it makes its return in 2007!!!!! I remember Ricky using a Rain Dance team so im ready for anything so im not sure if he is going to use it or not. So we went to Mcdonalds for lunch then we went to gamestop and i signed up for the Mario Melee tourny. Is that right? Then i also signed up for PBR tourny as well.

My first round of the tourny on Mario Melee i didnt do so well since they all gained up on me =(. It was Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Samus at Hyrule Temple. But now i wish the best for Ricky and his older brother Danny to win the tourny on Mario Melee.

Now onto the Pokemon Battle Revolution story. First round pairings were up and i was up against a 15 year old kid. Here was my team lineup.

Groudon
Ho-Oh
Deoxys ATK
Dialga
Snorlax
Exeggutor

Round 1: I chose Groudon,Ho-oh,Deoxys Atk, Exeggutor. He chose Lugia,Steelix,Blastoise,Groudon.
I start with Groudon and Exeggutor and he sent out Blastiose and Lugia. Groudon used stone edge critical hit and lugia fainted. Exeggutor used sleep powder and blastoise fell asleep. He sent out Steelix. Groudon used earthquake to hit all the pokemon and exeggutor used solarbeam and steelix fainted. He send out groudon. Groudon used solar beam and blastoise fainted and exeggutor used solar beam and groudon fainted. GG

Boy i felt sorry for him since i was being fair to him. Looks like i shattered his dreams :rolleyes:

Round 2: It was a single battle so i chose Groudon,Ho-Oh,Deoxys ATK,Snorlax. He chose Floatzel,Scizor,Infernape,Garchomp. Groudon is out and he sends in floatzel. Floatzel used surf and groudon used surf and floatzel fainted. He sent out Garchomp. Garchomp used Dragon Claw but groudon lived and he used Dragon Claw and Garchomp Fainted. He sent out scizor. Groudon used stone edge critical hit and scizor fainted. He sends out infernape and he used close combat and groudon fainted. I sent out Ho-Oh and i used sacred fire and infernape used close combat. Ho-Oh used sacred fire and Infernape fainted. GG

Wow maybe ill do well but the higher you go the tougher the opponents are

Round 3: Im up against a guy named Zap i figured he would make it since he was one of the older kids. It was a single battle and i chose Groudon,Snorlax,Ho-Oh,Exeggutor. He chose Gengar,Blaziken,Azelf,Palkia. I send in Groudon and he sends in gengar. Groudon used dragon claw and gengar used shadow ball. Wow groudon went first :confused:. Then groudon used dragon claw and gengar fainted. He brings in Blaziken and i switch to snorlax and blaziken uses brave bird. Blaziken used sky uppertcut and snorlax had like 2 HP left then snorlax used body slam and blaziken fainted. He brings in azelf and i let snorlax die. Azelf used flamethrower. Then i bring in groudon and groudon used stone edge and azelf used nasty plot. Man he hasnt been training his pokemon at all and this is the 2nd time groudon went first :confused:. Groudon then used dragon claw and Azelf fainted. He brings in Palkia and i use dragon claw and palkia fainted. GG

Zap left the building with a sad face like this :frown:. Now here goes the finals of me VS Ricky. I saw his team and i think i know how to beat it. It was exactly how i expected it to be and i knew he would use the rain dance team.

Round 4: It was a doubles battle and i chose Dialga,Groudon,Ho-oh,Deoxys ATK. He chooses Kyogre,Manaphy,Kingdra,Palkia. This was a very close game let me tell ya. He brings in Kyogre and manaphy and i bring in groudon and dialga. Luckly my effect went 2nd so i have the sunny day advantage on my side. Kyogre used water spout and manaphy used ice beam so groudon fainted. Dialga used draco meteor and Rickys Kyogre fainted. Well things looked pretty good on my side as i have sunny day to my advantage. I bring in deoxys ATK and he brings in Kingdra. Deoxys used Super Power and kingdra fainted. Manaphy used Ice Beam and my deoxys fainted. Dialga used draco meteor but missed :eek:. He brings in Palkia and i bring in Ho-Oh. Its now Palkia and Manaphy VS Dialga and Ho-Oh. Things are not looking good for me as i cant switch dialga since i have choice specs on him. Palkia used special rend and dialga used draco meteor on Manaphy but hes lucky that manaphy lived with like 30 HP left.. Ho-Oh used solarbeam on Palkia. Manaphy used ice beam on dialga and dialga faints. Well i have no chance since Ho-Oh is up against both water pokemon. Palkia used Aqua tail Critical Hit and manaphy used surf and Ho-Oh fainted.

Wow that was a very good game and i am very honored that i was able to face against i formal mentor Ricky for teaching me to play the video game over the years. I started playing the pokemon games since Gold and Silver. The reason that we had different pokemon was because we had different versions. I chose Gold Ricky Chose Silver. I chose Ruby and Ricky chose Sapphire. I chose Fire Red and Ricky chose Leaf Green. I chose Diamond and Ricky chose Pearl. I do hope that they will have tournaments like this in the near future.

~Barbara~

Back