Piloswine (Neo Genesis)

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by dkates, Aug 16, 2003.

1. dkates

dkates New Member

Genesis Piloswine's Freeze attack reads, "Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon can't attack. (Benching or Evolving the Defending Pokemon ends this effect.)" How long does this effect last -- does anything other than Benching or Evolving the Defending Pokemon end the effect? Looking at the wording, I'd say no, but I want to be sure.

2. The Dark Llama

The Dark Llama New Member

Exactly as it says - the Pokemon can't attack until it's Benched or Evolved.

3. dkates

dkates New Member

Whoa. Combined with a good "trap" strategy, that could be pretty powerful.

4. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

Yeah, I actually designed a deck around this that would use Murkrow as the trapper after I froze them with Slowkings to stop trainers. It was a modified deck and when I was 2 darkness energies away from having the deck done they banned slowking. :mad:

5. dkates

dkates New Member

Nice to see you again, Mr. Grass. I'd love to see this deck -- it might be good for Unlimited.

6. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Even more powerful in Rocket on w/ Dark Vileplume.
    (Starts having nightmares of 1 particular STS game)

7. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

True that it would be fun, but A LOT of work to pull off. I'd go the Dark Vileplume Route in Unlimitied, but I just don't think it'd set up fast enough. That's a stage 1, a stage 2, and a basic that uses Special Energy that you need to all get out quick and powered.