Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Plano, TX Touney 1st place prize: Booster box

Sunday October 12th @ 1pm
Creative Gift Baskets (972) 516-2940
Plano, TX

The winner of the tournament will receive a Sealed Box of booster packs.
The Booster Box will be from one of the sets from Expedition up, I'll determine which box is available and post the update.

This will be a Modified format, Genesis through Sandstorm.
We'll run 4 rounds of Age Modified Swiss rounds.
The top 4 or 8, depending on the number of participants, will play in a single elimination tournament to determine the winner of the box.

The owner talked about giving 2nd place a trophy- let me know what you think would be a good prizes.....

We can also run GBA side events for fun, if anyone is interested in that.
We still have some EON tickets left for those who still need to access the Southern Islands portion of Ruby or Sapphire.

If anyone is intersted in an OPEN format, let me know, if there's enough interest, I might be able to get a side event going for that.
Please email me at [email protected] or post questions here for more information.

Creative Gifts will also be hosting a Dragon Ex Pre-Release in November, stay tuned for more details.

Professor Kristy Miller

Sweet! Kristy, the GBA tournies were quite successful, so they should stay by all means. May Chris do it for prizes or not, Battle Tower would be VERY enjoyable! The tournament itself actually sounds like a great idea by all means. IMO, an appropriate 2nd place prize would be...say...a $20-$25 gift certificate? ^^""

If I come down to CGB sometime this morning, I'll be sure to speak with you all about this.

~Patriarch

Last edited:
The box is going to be SANDSTORM, the entry fee is ONLY $5.00.

We're closer to setting a date for the Dragon Pre-release.
With the third Sunday coming so close to Thanksgiving, it's looking more like it'll happen on the second Sunday.

One last question: Chris told us the other day that he'd be doing this often, and that he'll ONLY give away boxes when 20+ people enter.

Does this rule apply to the tourny on 10-12, or will the prize be a box no matter what?

Also, since Nintendo has officially turned the format into Expedition-Sandstorm, will Richard make it an unofficial tournament w/out the new rules, or will Richard make it official, and run it e-on?

EDIT: Awwww rasberries. Guess I don't get to crank out my Garde ex on the e-on scene, and totally annihilate with it. *Sigh* Oh well. So goes my TCGer's life :rolleyes:

Thanks,
~Johnny/Patriarch

Last edited:
This is NOT going to be a sanctioned tournament, so we're going to stick to the old format of Genesis up with the Sneasel/Slowking restrictions. This will give you guys a more time to do some deck testing and give the kids with the older decks an opportunity to win some of the new stuff.

We got 15 right now so we just need a few to pop in, so the 20+ doesn't look to be a problem.
Boxes aren't free my man so yeah, if we don't have enough people to cover the cost, then the prizes will be adjusted to fit the number of attendees.
The more people that come the more prizes I can give out!

Richard is busy with running the POP League, the Saturday sanctioned tournaments as well as promoting the Prerelease events in Houston and Oklahoma, so this is a solo effort on my part, to boost prize support for the pokémon players.
We've got a real competitve group and it would be nice if we could get the number back into 30+ on a regular basis, so we could have bigger and better prizes, not just on the Sunday tourneys but the Saturday Sanctioned ones too!!!

With the new Ladder System that's on the horizon for POP, we need ALL of our players to be able to be competitive and have the new product.

This is NOT going to be a sanctioned tournament, so we're going to stick to the old format of Genesis up with the Sneasel/Slowking restrictions. This will give you guys a more time to do some deck testing and give the kids with the older decks an opportunity to win some of the new stuff.

We got 15 right now so we just need a few to pop in, so the 20+ doesn't look to be a problem.
Boxes aren't free my man so yeah, if we don't have enough people to cover the cost, then the prizes will be adjusted to fit the number of attendees.
The more people that come the more prizes I can give out!

Richard is busy with running the POP League, the Saturday sanctioned tournaments as well as promoting the Prerelease events in Houston and Oklahoma, so this is a solo effort on my part, to boost prize support for the pokémon players.
We've got a real competitve group and it would be nice if we could get the number back into 30+ on a regular basis, so we could have bigger and better prizes, not just on the Sunday tourneys but the Saturday Sanctioned ones too!!!

With the new Ladder System that's on the horizon for POP, we need ALL of our players to be able to be competitive and have the new product.

Turbo Blastoise, Ninetendo is suppose to be in Houston the week prior with the Pokémon Rocks tour-- Some sort of Carnival at the Space Needle??????

You may want to keep checking the Dallas Pre-Release, the owner keeps talking about giving out some MAJOR door prizes, but we'll see.

Now back to our Sunday tournament, there's a box of Sandstorm on the line and witht the new format coming to Sanctioned events, this is a HUGE chance for you guys to add valuable cards like Rare Candy and other strong pokémon to your collection and decks.

Hope to see you all there!

Back