- Draw card
- Discard cards (including a Colress) by using Ultra ball
- Play a few more cards
- Plays VS Seeker to bring back Colress
- Plays Colress

Player 1 then does this:
- Puts hand on top of deck

Player 2 stop Player 1 from continuing.

For the question, say a judge was called. What should happen?

1 - Player 1 is issued a game loss for Game play - Severe (7.1.3)
In some cases, a game-play error occurs which irreparably breaks the game state. In these cases, there is no way that either player or a judge can reset the game to the point where it can be continued.
(...)
- Shuffling your hand into your deck without the use of a card effect.
(...)
Recommended Starting Penalty:
Tier 1: Game Loss
Tier 2: Game Loss

or:
2 - Since Player 1 hasn't shuffled, but only put the cards on top of the deck, the issue is reversible.
we can backtrack the actions based on the following information:
- 7 Starting cards, plus one drawn card total of 8 cards drawn.
- 5 cards are on the play area (1 Stadium, 3 Pokémon, a Pokémon tool)
- Discard is empty
- Player 1 didn't shuffle, and the cards are still on top of the deck.

There is 3 cards missing, thus the first 3 cards are the cards that were in the player's hand

Penality-wise: In this situation, I would say Game play - Minor and issue a Warning.

How would you deal with the situation, should you have seen it?

Last edited:
I will presume you mean player 1, as player 2 is the current player who played colress. This gamestate is completely rewindable, GPE-Minor. The player using Colress definitely helped the other player from earning a GL because once that deck becomes random, then that's it. I would question what Player 1 was thinking, but the quick action of player 2 saved the game.

I believe the second option would be the correct approach to this as the state of the game can be saved. If player 1 would have shuffled then I would issue a game loss, as it would ve impossible to restore the state of the game.

Very early in the game as you have described, a GPE -minor with a Warning would be appropriate in my opinion.

If this occurred later in the game where there is a question about the number of cards in Player 1's hand, I might issue a prize penalty to Player 1, and let the game continue. But at that point table number, and age division would influence my choices.

As long as I had high confidence in having done a total and correct rewind, I'd go with Minor and avoid the Prize Penalty.

If there is any doubt about the cards being returned to the hand, then I'd issue a prize penalty to take into account the damaged game state.

this occurred later in the game where there is a question about the number of cards in Player 1's hand, I might issue a prize penalty to Player 1

this occurred later in the game where there is a question about the number of cards in Player 1's hand, I might issue a prize penalty to Player 1

Can you explain that one? What is your justification? Where in the Penalty Guidelines are you?

What are your judging credentials?

Back