Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Players Returning After 2 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludadude1234

My sister and I have decided to return to the game but I have one problem, what is the sets that are in use? What are the symbols for each legal set? Can someone also point out what cards are hot right now and help with potential strategies? Thanks in advance....

PS: I don't know if this is the correct forum...:confused:

its Majestic Dawn onwards

Uxie from legends awakend, Azelf from LA, Pokemon Collector (HS), Bebe's Search (RR) Palmers Contribution (SV)

if your running a SP deck then a few cards your need are
Poke turn, Power Spray, Energy Gain, Cyrus's Conspiracy

If there is a league around you, participating in it can get you a good supply of popular cards, three of them being Spiritomb (Arceus set), Expert Belt (Arceus set), and Azelf (Legends Awakened set).

In the past cycle, the league also had Uxie (Legends Awakened), Bebe's Search (Rising Rivals set), and Warp Point (Majestic Dawn).

Warp Point is a reprint from Gym Challenge and later Expedition and various other sets so you may have it in any old cards you have. Reprint rules allow you to use the old releases.

When it comes to getting Pokemon Collector and Pokemon Communication, 2 very good supporter and trainer cards, respectively, in the game right now, you'll probably be better off getting one of the theme decks that has at least 2 copies of one, if not both, in it than trying to trade for them. The Typhlosion deck from HGSS has one of those. I think the new Call of Legends theme decks also have them.

i came back after two years, stopped at LA
luckily i had some kingdra/uxies/rh call energies/uxie x/mesprit/azelfs
it made it alot easier to get back in the game.
I bought some HGSS tins and a bunch of singles.
It cost alot of money to get back in the game but its worth it IMO.

Go to league and get as many Spiritomb League Promos as you can.
He should be around next season and is available for free there.
also available are: Bebes Search, Azelf.

If you have alot of old cards, you can sell them in bulk to trollandtoad.com they pay .055(five and a half) cents per uncommon and common card. I just got $155 on there. If you get it in trade credit you get even more money, and they have awesome prices.

That could be a huge help in getting back into the game!

Also trade old rare promos,pokemon ex, pokemon* cards on the trade forum if you have any.

so to sum it up, sell in bulk if you have enough old cards, go to league for promos and use the trade forums.

I believe they also have the old theme deck challenge somewhere on here which offers up cheap ways to get a competitive deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back