Rare Candy
Speed Stadium
Bebe's Search
Lake Boundary

Energy:25
10 Psychic
9 Water
6 Metal(2 Special)

Now these are the cards I am thinking of switching in my deck. The ones that are bolded are the ones I really want to put in my deck.

Pokemon
1 Aggron(MT)
2 Lairon(MT)
3 Aron(2 MT, 1 PK)
3 Doduo(MT)
2 Dodrio(MT)
1 Miltank(SW)
2 Mantyke(DP)
1 Mantine(MT)
2 Seel(MT)
2 Dewgong(MT)
2 Shellder(SW)
1 Cloyster(SW)
2 Gastly(DP)
2 Haunter(DP)
1 Gengar(DP)
1 Ralts(DF)
2 Kirlia(PK)
1 Gardevoir(PK)
1 Remoraid(MT)
1 Octillery(MT)

Trainer
Scott
PlusPower
Castaway
Celio's network
Buffer Piece
Bebe's Search
Night maintenance
2 Energy Search
Holon Adventurer
Dusk Ball

Energy
DRE
Multi Energy
Holon Energy WP

I don't like how people say things like water and psy don't mix. I want it to be like that, so don't bother posting if you will just dissing me off. Also, don't suggest cards for my deck I don't have. I wouldn't mind it if I didn't have cities this weekend. Finally, could you suggest a good name? Thank you

What's the strategy?

In order to make the deck run more smoothly, you'll want to streamline your pokemon evolution lines. This means picking two, at most three evolution lines and getting rid of the rest. The two pokemon you're using that I see having at least a little synergy are Bastiodon and Empoleon. They're both big, beefy pokemon, can both do good damage to the bench, and Empoleon covers Bastiodon's fire weakness. You'll want evolution lines like

3-2-3
or
4-2-4
or
4-3-4

Along with several rare candy.

Next, for your trainers and energy, you want to aim for about 14-17 energy and about 22-28 trainers. Also, running multiple copies of important trainers will improve your consistency. 2-3 Team Galactic's Wager would synergize well with Empoleon Lv.X's supreme command. Trainers like Energy Restore are generally not played in competitive decks because there are much more useful cards you could be using instead. Two Fossil Excavator is a good start for pokemon search. You should probably add in a few Celio's Network and a couple more Roseanne's Research so you don't get benched and also so those basics have a much better chance of evolving.

For your energy, you should probably run a few scramble and try during games to carefully spread damage out while not knocking anything out. Then when you go behind on prizes you can use your powerful attacks with only one energy attachment.

If you can't make any of the changes listed above before your city tournament, I would reccomend at least dropping 8 energy for more trainers, whatever you've got. Also I really like Mantyke + Mantine in my Empoleon deck. You might want to try it out.

THANK YOU!!! You do not know how much I needed that kind of advice:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
BTW, My main strategy is to discard cards from players hand or at least mess around with their hand

Looking at your strat and your deck, Team Galactic's Mars would work really well in this deck. You can get them in the SW decks and they're commons. It's a supporter. You draw two and your opponent discards one. If you use that and Supreme command in one turn that's pretty nasty.

I would also agree with the Bastiodon/Empoleon set up, but if you had a hard time getting enough of either of those, you could use Walrein instead, because its ability to paralyze is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back