Please help me with Info

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Rainbowgym, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

I should oragnize the first Dutch Prerelease event, but now i'm charged to pay
    110 dollar a boosterbox to do this.

I can't do a side event with Dragonboosters as prices.
    I can't order a few more boxes to try to sell some boosters that day, to get down expences.

If any of you knows how much there is charged in the USA for a boosterbox and if i'm wrong with doing a side event with Dragon boosters as price please mail me private.

I asked this question before, because i expected to be ripped of by the distributor and this way i'm not going to have a pre-release event.

2. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

$110 is higher than Potomac and others sell boxes for to the public within the USA. Heck, $110 is higher than the price that friends have paid to import product from the USA including air-freight!!

I can't address the other issues about side events using Dragons product. We anticipate that anyone attending the UK event will be there for the pre-release tournament.

I'd rather not comment on if the distributor is just trying to rip you off. :( . However at the very least the distributor doesn't seem to understand that there should be some incentive to run a pre-release. It is a lot of work and can be a significant risk financially too as you are paying for the venue and product before a single player turns up.

Realistically we will never know the details of what has been agreed between PUI and the distributors in Europe. But the present arrangement in the Nederlands is doing nothing to increase trust between the Nederland's experienced TOs and those tasked with the delivery of OP.

It seems an odd thing to do to alienate the existing supporters who have all the expertise and who provide the bulk of the 'good will' within the game.