Plox on the Beach for THIS format

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Professor Elm, Jul 20, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

Well, I love my Plox deck and I had 3 extra Gardys, 5 extra Gallades, and an extra Gardy X, so I thought why not test other versions of it out?
    Here's what I came up with.

Pokemon (22)
    1 Gardy X
    3 Gardy
    2 Gallade
    2 Kirlia
    4 Ralts
    2 Claydol
    2 Baltoy
    2 Togekiss
    1 Togetic
    2 Togepi
    1 Pachirisu

Trainers (21)
    3 Wager
    4 Bebes
    3 Roseannes
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Crystal Beach
    2 Cessation Crystal
    1 Warp Point
    1 Night Maintenance

Energy (17)
    4 Call
    9 Psychic
    4 Fighting

I dunno, I like it a lot.
    I wanna play more Basic energy, but max'd Calls and Roseannes are so necessary for consistency.

Strategy is just like Plox. Get Gardy setup fast and Psy Lock away with Gallade+Cess as support.

The difference is, rather than DRE/Scramble I use a 2-1-2 Togekiss line for energy acceleration. This allows for Wager+Beach lock, the goal of the deck. You essentially want to abuse Wager until you can get your opponent down to 3 cards. Then drop the beach (before or after) and Psy Lock OR Gallade+Cess so they can't come back.

Really, a very fast and deadly deck.
    May drop a Cess for the 4th Beach.
    I dunno.

The ONLY threat the deck has is T1 Cessations. I really struggle to setup with T1 Cessation. And space is limited so adding in more Warps and NMs is too hard. BUT too many decks use Powers, SO honestly I ain't worried about it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  2. pokeball S

pokeball S New Member

I like the idea but if you play another gag they are going to psy lock preventing kisses power.

3. Professor Elm

In my testing, you can usually get a quick Togekiss before the lock begins. And Beach slows down opposing Plox decks a lot.

4. dragonite1234

dragonite1234 New Member

What's the reasoning behinf Togekiss, cause i usually never need energy acceleration, and i think it's a waste iof a candy

5. Banette EX

Banette EX New Member

U should use rotom over togekiss,I mean I know its a a attack but its meant for early game and felcity.

6. mewoxys666

mewoxys666 New Member

This deck can barely handle discarding it's own cards to accelrate, instead it focuses on early starts with no discard for all open possibilities for late-mid game. Togekiss is better call hands down.

7. Professor Elm

Wow, I didn't think this deck would test so well BUT it went undefeated at league today (I think).

This really is a beast. Wager+Beach+Psy Lock is SO NASTY!! It sets up fine too. The ONLY thing I am worried about is early Cessations.
    I dropped a Roseannes and Wager for another Psychic and Pachi to deal with Cessation if needed.

8. Muk Man

Muk Man New Member

drop a Bebes for 1 castaway... will help with consistency so much, and just a great way to set up a Crystal/wager for the next turn1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.