Points question.

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by FriedBlaziken, Dec 5, 2007.

1. FriedBlaziken

FriedBlaziken New Member

idk if this is the right place to post or not but i think its the cloest.

Ok. So this cities I went 4-2.
    At the start of the tournament, everyone was on 1600 points.
    If I won the first 3 rounds, lost round 4 to a 3-0 , won round 5, and lost round 6 to a 5-1, how many points do I get approximately?

2. rhodesia123

rhodesia123 New Member

for every match you win you gain points equal to about half the k-value and vice versa

3. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

I don't understand why I sometimes get 0 points for a win. That really gets me mad when that happens! Don't forget that dude! That can happen to you too!

4. Start of tounament..... everyone was at 1600.........

You are saying NO ONE IN THAT TOUNAMENT PLAYED A BR.....

Wrong, it depends on your rating at the start of the match and your oppt. rating. Like a spring battle road last year (K value 32)... I was very far behied, I came back and went 7-0, played someone who was below me first round, gained 13 points, the other rounds and top cut played people people +100 points ahead of me, gained 20-24 points each time. So it is not half

Playing out side of age group gain/loses you 0 points.

5. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

I noticed that trend on my win/loss record page online. At a CC, I beat a buy with 1660 or 1670 points, and I got over +9. Then I owned another guy with around 1650, and gained over +8 points. Then the time that I lost to someone with about the same record, I'd lost about 6 or so.

Well, I hate when the computer pairs me with one of those people after a first round loss in a small tournament. It is not cool. Then even if I win the next rounds, I probably wont make the top cut, and it hurts my rating since I didn't have the opportunity to gain any points. :mad:

So, If you are in a younger age division and defeat the older player, do they gain points? I haven't been playing this game long enough to find out this kind of stuff.

6. rhodesia123

rhodesia123 New Member

hello? he said everyone was 1600 at the start of the tourney

7. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ New Member

Here what I have found to help me determine my rating before it gets posted.

Battle Raods (8K):
    For every 4 points difference from your opponent you will gain/lose .05 points.

City Championships (16K):
    For every 4 points difference from your opponent you will gain/lose .1 points.

When you play out of your age group, neither player will gain points.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  8. FriedBlaziken

FriedBlaziken New Member

Its Malaysia. Malaysia doesn't have brs.

9. TLesky

TLesky Active Member

Refering to post #5 from Mew*. Yea, getting paired down stinks. I got paired down 3 times(round 3, 4, and 5) out of 5 rounds. Basically, if you dont go undefeated in a situation like that, you dont make it.:mad:

10. Pharaoh Yami Yugi

Pharaoh Yami Yugi New Member

hi i'm new how do you play thepokegym.net

11. ChubbyChilupa135

ChubbyChilupa135 New Member

depending on how high ranked u r depends how many points u get last saturday i won a cities 6-0 and got about 20-30 points