Points Scoring Question

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Lugias_Realm, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Lugias_Realm

Lugias_Realm New Member

Finally, something other then a card problem from me to you. Saturday was our Ex Dragon Pre-Release. All went well and results are already posted over Pokemon TCG under the Rankings Category. Having said all this here is the question I have. Our tournament was listed as Limited by the store owner who happens to be a level 3 T.O. for basically everything(Magic, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, you name it). Since our players points and ratings now show up only under the Limited Ratings Category is it possible to keep listing any of our Sanctioned Tournaments as Limited so that there points and ranking will stay in the same category and keep increasing based on finish? Or, should we now start sanctioning all other tournaments using the Modified format everyone is currently playing? They are afraid that if their points keep getting split up between different categories it will hurt them when it comes time for store, city or State Tournaments. How about some words of wisdom I can pass on to them

2. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

I can answer part of your question. You MUST sanction the tournament according to what kind of tournament it is. You do not have the option of sanctioning a Modified tournament as Limited, just because your players have more rounds played in Limited due to the Prereleases. Sorry. :(

We will work on getting an answer about how points will be looked at for other things. I think that City/State tournaments will be based on Ladder tournaments. The Ladder tournament is done through League, so rankings shouldn't be an issue. I suspect the real concern is that an invite to Worlds might be on the line, so people want to be ranked as high as possible. PUI may not be ready to answer how the various rankings play into that scenario, but we'll ask.

BDS