Poison Card Suggestions

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by nikx1, Apr 30, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. nikx1

nikx1 New Member

Hey,

Im thinking of building a Posion Deck for Unlimited. I was wondering if you guys would give out with some suggestions?

I would like to focus an idea around Venusaur ex and CG. I like the idea of adding in Dark Sandslash as i could also use a Boost energy on him as i would Venusaur.

Thanks

2. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

Beedrill that poisons and paralyzes when it enters play. When used with retro energies, devo sprays, and pokemon recycle cards, it's quite an annoying deck. I used it a few years ago in the last WOTC Professor Challenge and went undefeated, back when Gatr/sect was rampant.

However, that was back in the days where retreating was unlimited.

3. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

You can still retreat an extra time every turn--That's what Gardevoir LV.X's Teleportation is for!

...Anyways... Toxicroak, anyone?

4. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

Throw in some Wheezing GE, just to stack up the poison damage

5. Papi/Manny

Papi/Manny New Member

Run gliscor when it comes out with mr. mime. :D

6. skarmory777

skarmory777 New Member

Triple Poison Beedrill with Weezing and that no retreat Gym that add's one to everyones retreat cost. It's in like gym challenge I think.

EDIT: It's called Rocket's Training Gym

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  7. Dunsparce Fan 206

Dunsparce Fan 206 New Member

Dark Venasaur from the best promos might be good. Also, anyone with a Toxic effect (2 damage counters instead of 1) would be great too:

nidoking (base)
    dustox (RS)
    arbok (SS)
    tentacruel (HL)
    nidoqueen (FRLG)
    Shuckle (UF)
    Rocket's Persian EX (UF)
    Ditto (DS36)
    Forretress (OP3)
    venasaur (CG)
    Seviper (PK)
    Dustox (DP)
    Crobat (MT)

8. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

I was always thinking a of a Poison deck with Beedrill (Skyridge) and Ariados (Unseen Forces), this is kind of like Flariados, but with Beedrill instead of Flareon ex.

9. sKizor

sKizor Member

RS sceptile with dark muk from TRR is amazing. you should look into it

10. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

Arbok Delta from DF is a great Poisoner. For 1 energy it also Burnes the Defending Pokemon.
    That, plus Toxic Virus can rack up the damage quickly.

11. Shadow Zangoose

Shadow Zangoose New Member

Wasn't there a Beedrill back in the neo days that had a Triple Poison attack? That'd be fun with Weezing.