Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokèmon DELTA EMERALD Trademark Surfaces

Mortal_Zachary

Nintendo has filed a trademark for Pokemon Delta Emerald in Japan, leading to speculation the old GBA title could be next in line for a remake.

Gematsu reports that the trademark was submitted earlier this month but only went public today. Seeing as we recently heard about Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon Omega Ruby, remastered versions of the GBA classics, it would make sense that their follow-up title wouldn't be far behind.

In 2005, and is set in the region of Hoenn. If Delta Emerald comes to pass, it'll mark a step forward in Nintendo's Poke-remake activities.
When the company decided to re-release the original two titles as Pokemon Fire Red and Pokemon Leaf Green, the decision was made not to give Pokemon Yellow the same treatment. Similarly, when the next two titles resurfaced as Pokemon HeartGold and Pokemon SoulSilver, the updated Pokemon Crystal was left out.
Will Delta Emerald be the title to buck this trend and, if so, should we expect to see it alongside Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby later this year, or will the customary gap between the initial two games and their solo-standing follow-up be maintained? Time will tell.

Source : IGN

Now I have a problem with this. The new R/S game is dubbed as a brand new adventure. This tells me that this new adventure will be completely different, after the events of Team Aqua and Team Magma. With this new adventure, there is no need for a Emerald remake. What they should have done was make Emerald in place of the new R/S game since Emerald is the definitive version of the two. Maybe Im thinking into it too much but a Emerald remake after a remake seems unneeded.

This would be the perfect time to make a ultra Pokemon game with each region in it.

Just remember that they also trademarked other names such as Water Blue.
I don't know if they do that to cover bases or what but I don't know if you should get your hopes up...

Back