Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokémon Advanced

Water Pokemon Master

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Well, today we saw the very first episode of Pokémon Advanced that aired over eight months ago as a preview episode. It's a good thing the Japanese decided to make the first couple of episodes to remind us of the very first Kanto episodes. (ex.: May's bike 'My bike's barbequed!') We will be seeing more if these reacuring events in Hoenn in the next few episodes.

Personally, I loved this episode. I'm glad 4Kids decided to use the original background music instead of the newer ones, though I thought it was funny how there were four different songs for Ash being pulled up the rope.

So, what did you guys think? Hoenn promises to be better than Johto (way better) and bring back a Kanto feel.

It's great!

Hello! :)

We got the first 6 episodes shown today in England today! :D
It's great, i was sad at first not to see Misty, but May is a lot like her so i didn't really mind! ;) :)

By the way, where did Misty go?

Agreed, it does promise to be much better than previous seasons, even though all the seasons (with probably the exception of Johto Journies) had their pro's and con's.

This series needed an infusion of fresh characters to maintain it appeal, and I feel that that has been answered very well with the inclusion of May, Pro Birch, Joshua, and Team Magma and Team Aqua.

The opening song, was decent, not at good as season 1, but definately NOT revolting either.

Animation quality seems to have gone up a few notches which is good, and the writing seems to have followed along those same lines. It seems that we are going to most likely meet (hopefully) either May's or even Ash's father in this season, which will hopefully enlighten us on a few of those "unanswed" questions that we have had for so long.

Of course, who could forget the Pokemon, many of whom make their debut in this new series as well.

I really wonder though, how May will do as a trainer, and that to me, adds a bit of a unique element to the character, as she had initially stated, that she DOESN'T like Pokemon, which of course is a complete reversal from Ash, who lives for Pokemon. This element, I hope will be expounded on a bit more, because I really wonder if she is going into Pokemon Trainer more because SHE HAS to, and not out of desire.

All in all, a very well done first episode, and a very promising start to a very "adventerious" journey.

Take Care,

Skywolf1

Misty went back to Cerulean Gym to be gym leader for her sista's.

As for finding out who May's family is, her mom, dad, and brother will be seen in the third episode (I think). Her brother will be joining the crew on their journies.

I don't know about the opening song. The songs usely said something about being a master, now its about being a HERO! (to make it claer, no I did not like the the new opening :()

Skywolf1 said:
I really wonder though, how May will do as a trainer
Not very well, I'd imagine. Reportedly she isn't even clear on the concept of a Pokémon Center. She's a major ditz, too. We're talking along the lines of Tsukino Usagi here.

Last edited:
She's basically supposed to be the funny person in the show yet she trys to act serious. She's kind of like Pan from DBGT.

If you guys want all the spoilers on who catches what, visit my website in my signature and read the news story with the pics of Pokemon Advanced.

EDIT: Oh yeah, she get's tired easily on journeys, too, as you will see in many episodes.

Last edited:
The new theme kinda grows on you, I think. I've been listening to it for quite a while, and it's starting to sound pretty good. The only Pokemon TV theme that really got instant acceptance for me was "Born to Be a Winner," since it was derived from the first season theme.

I think May will be a good trainer, eventually. :)
But, what makes it tougher for her, as Skywolf1 stated, she doesn't like Pokemon that much, and Ash does. ;)

Go May! :D :p :)

Water Pokemon Master said:
Her brother will be joining the crew on their journies.

I just hope her brother's name isn't Wally. If it is, then it basically contradicts the entire GBA game.

Correct, May's brother's name is Max for the English version.

It's kind of funny, both names start with the same two letters and end with two different letters that are right together in the alphabet.

Ma(x)
Ma(y)

Water Pokemon Master said:
Correct, May's brother's name is Max for the English version.

It's kind of funny, both names start with the same two letters and end with two different letters that are right together in the alphabet.

Ma(x)
Ma(y)

AAND.. they're both played by Veronica Taylor! Yikes!

..she's taking over! don't let her have any more parts! ;)

Yep, they are both by Veronica. Unforunately, if anything ever happens to her, we will loose two people in the show! Wonder how much more money she is making. I also wonder how much less Racheal Lillis is making because of Misty not showing up as much, though she still has Jesse. And what about Eric Stuart? He probably is losing some money becuase he won't be in a few beginning episodes, though he also still has James.

BTW, here is the link to Veronica's website. I e-mailed here one time to ask her if she could record her voice for my website saying, "Welcome," but she never replied. Her website is also out dated, but here it is:

http://veronicataylor.net/

Keep playing her Delia voice. It gets so annoying, especially when she says, "Don't forget to sign the guestbook."

Back