Pokémon Anime Quiz #1 - Early Pokémon Episodes

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Water Pokemon Master, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

From now on, I will be posting weekly Pokemon Anime quizzes and TCG quizzes. (alternating between the two every week) What you do is that you answer the questions and whoever has the most points wins. Only 6 people can post their answers to each quiz, so it is best that you reply immediately with your answers so you can play. Every week the quizzes will have a different theme. If you come in 1st, you will get to put a little text winner thingy in your sig. This week’s theme is Early Pokemon episodes. Next week will be a TCG Quiz. Good luck!

Da Quiz (2 pts. each)
    1. Who was it that said “We have a driveway you know?”

2. In the first episode, what was Ash’s first starter choice?

3. In the episode “Hypno’s Naptime,” name three Pokémon effected by Hypno’s dream waves in the Pokémon Center as well as a major event that occurred.

4. Name three lost episodes (or describe them) in which one was later shown in America and why they were not shown.

5. In “Pokémon Shipwreck,” which Pokémon do Ash, Misty, Brock, and Team Rocket use to escape the S.S. (or Saint) Anne.

6. How many attempts were made by Ash to defeat Sabrina?

7. In “Holy Matrimony!” which character in the episode looked very similar to a member of Team Rocket and who was it?

8. In “Sparks Fly for Magnemite,” which Pokémon is caught and by whom?

9. In “Pallet Party Panic,” name two major events.

10. In “The Breeding Center Secret,” what two characters are introduced to the show and what happens to Ash, Brock, Jesse, James, Meowth, and Todd/Snap?

Extra Credit (2 pts. each)
    1. Name two Pokemon either mentioned in some way (think of the dialogue and it is not Mew) or shown in the first episode that were not part of the original 150.

2. Who was it that said, “You’re not running properly!”

3. What are on Misty’s list for the “three most disgusting things in the world.”

Last edited: Mar 27, 2004
  2. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

1. Nurse joy?
    2. Squirtle.
    3. Seel, Magikarp, Staryu. The kids were mysteriously going missing and acting like pokémon.
    a) Seizure porygon sends 20,000 to the hospital in japan. Two porygon's fought and grinded at each other, causing epeliptic seizures.
    b) James gets breast implants to win a beauty contest on a cruise. You tell me why it wasn't shown.
    c) Gun violence featured in an episode involving ash and the gang. The gun violence was deemed inappropriate for the american audiance.
    5. Magikarp, squirtle, staryu.
    6. three.
    -- Don't know the episodes by name. ---
    1. Ho-oh; ash see's him in the sky and again on the wall. Mew; his description is matched by what was explained by ash.
    2. Team rocket.
    3. Bugs. That's all I know without re-watching it.

3. Psycho_Lugia_X

Psycho_Lugia_X New Member

1. Nurse Joy to Officer Jenny
    2. Charmander
    3. Oddish, shelder, pikachu; tons of kids went missing (plus a flashback to the lost Beach ep, not seen in US at that time)
    4. Beauty and the Beach, the infamous TR costumes, shown later; Electric Soldier Porygon, the infamous seizure ep; The Safari Zone Secret, Ash gets shot, use of guns was a no-no.
    5. Goldeen, Squirtle, Psyduck (kinda), Starmie, Staryu.
    6. 3
    7. Jessie/Jessibell
    8. Ash gets a muk
    9. Pidgeot is released, Ash returns to Pallet
    10. Butch/Cassidy; they all get arrested!
    1. [in that case: ???..."cyber mewtwo?"], Ho-oh in the rainbow scene
    2. Jessibell
    3. Peppers, bugs, and uh.....dang...uh.....vegetables?
    Great game idea, great questions, too!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2004
  4. Water Pokemon Master

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention that it is not Mew. You can edit your posts.

5. Marril

Marril New Member

1. Nurse Joy
    2. Squirtle
    3. Oddish, Psyduck (debatable though), Pikechu
    4. Electric Soldier Porygon, the Dratiti episode in the Safari Zone, the beach episode with James's bodysuit
    5. Goldeen, Squirtle, Psyduck
    6. Three
    7. Jazzibel, who looked like Jessie
    8. Muk, by Ash
    9. Huge party thrown in Pallet, Ash releases Pidgeot
    10. Cassidy and Butch, and the group gets arrested

1. Houou and... I'll say Lugia even though it's completely false.
    2. Jezzibel
    3. Bugs, peppers, and... I dunno. Mushrooms?

6. dkates

dkates New Member

Heh. Seems nobody remembers Misty's list completely. In order, it's "Carrots, peppers, and bugs."

7. GOROY

GOROY New Member

1. Nurse Joy
    2. Squirtle
    3. Cubone, Growlithe, and Psyduck-(who never got better lol)
    4. Electric soldier porygon-seizures
    Safari Zone where ash gets his Tauros-warden has a gun pointed at someone's head
    Beauty and the beach- james' costume
    5. Goldeen, Squirtle, Staryu, and Magikarp
    6. 2
    7. Jessibell looked like Jesse
    8. Ash gets Muk
    9. Pidgeotto evolves and Pidgeot stays with the pidgey
    10.Butch and cassidy- all of them go to jail

1.ho-oh and unown
    2. Jessibell
    3. carrots, peppers, and bugs

8. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

1.Nurse Joy

2.Squirtle

3.Magikarp, Oddish, Cubone

4.Beach episode with James, Porygon flashing lights episode, the warden and the gun

5. Charmander, Onix, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Staryu, Goldeen, Magikarp.

6. 3

7. Jessabell- James' family's friend

8. Muk by Ash

9. Ash lets Pidgeot go to protect the wild Pidgeotto and Pidgey. The gang starts their quest for the GS ball.

10. Butch and Cassidy of Team Rocket. All characters listed are put in jail.

1. Ho-oh and Suicune. Suicune's picture is on the wall with Ho-oh I believe.

2. Jessabell

3. Bugs, peppers, carrots.

Great questions. Especially the Ho-oh one. I'm not really sure on that one either.

9. Water Pokemon Master

Still room for one more person. Also, please do not post the answer to one question if you are not going to for all of the other ones. :)

10. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

1. Joy
    2. Charmander (I remember yellin at him, "PICK SQUIRTLE!!!!!"
    3. Pikachu, Psyduck, Oddish
    4. Beach episode right after the Giant Pokemon episode, the producers didn't like James's fake breasts
    ....The episode where Ash catches a herd of Tauros, because the Game Warden uses a gun, and American producers don't like guns (look over some YGO 1st season episodes for examples of pointed fingers where guns should be)
    ....The Porygon episode, 20,000 seisures can't be wrong
    5. Inside the ship: Goldeen, Onix, Bulbasaur
    ....Getting out of the ship: Staryu, Squirtle, Magikarp, Starmie (attached to Brock, I think, could've been Goldeen)
    6. 3, once before getting Haunter, once when M&B get turned into dolls, once when Ash wins
    7. Jessibelle (say that fast, you get a very naughty term)
    8. Ash catches Muk
    9. TR drops some bombs on the Pallet party, after which the following statement was made by Misty, "Pidgeotto is your most loyal Pokemon, Ash", almost guaranteeing the next section...
    ..... Ash gives up Pidgeot to save Pidgey and Pidgeotto in the forest from Fearow
    10. Butch and Cassidy (also TR members)
    .......Ash, Brock, TR, and Snap are thrown in jail, Misty uses Snap's camera to expose Butch and Cassidy, Ash and Brock are released, TR escapes

EC1. Ho-oh, Lugia (there were 3 stone slabs in Oak's office, one was Hooh, one was Mew, and I can only guess that the third was Lugia)
    EC2. Jessibelle
    EC3. peppers, bugs, carrots (some could say her sisters as well, but that's debatable)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2004
  11. Water Pokemon Master

Ok, I will be grading these probably tomorrow night. I just got back from a CC and am totally exhausted.