Pokémon Battle E-cards Are Here!

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Water Pokemon Master, Oct 21, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I got in e-mail from Nintendo about the new battle e-reader cards that allow you to battle trainers and obtain rare berries for Ruby and Sapphire. I am not sure how they are distrubuted, but by the picture, I think they may come with every card in the set in the packages.

Here is the advertisement [don't steal it or I'll hurt you :)]
    http://pokebeach.topcities.com/news/77.jpg

2. Tego

Tego New Member

Sweet! I want mine now! ^_^

3. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

TEGO just think when are we getting e-readers officially .. oh yeah NEVER!

So you only get yours by importing LOL .. and you a company man grey importing ...TUT TUT

4. Tego

Tego New Member

Of course I am. I imported Animal Crossing, Pokémon Ruby, I bought the Freeloader. I, like any other Nintendo employee I've ever talked to, thinks Nintendo are way too slow with their releases. And I, like everyone else, wants the games and doesn't really care who imported them.

Nintendo's European releases is an absurd mystery. What on earth stops them from releasing the e-Reader? What the heck makes them release the identical, region-free Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire 4 MONTHS after the US?

Someone high up in Nintendo needs to change mind about European releases. Is it Nintendo of Europe? Doubt it. Is it Nintendo of US or Japan? I have no idea. Nobody, neither customers or employees, know why the e-Reader isn't in Europe.

5. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

You're a Nintendo employee?

6. Tego

Tego New Member

Well, I work part-time for the Norwegian company that is the distributor of Nintendo products and Pokémon TCG. Nintendo of Norway.

But we really should get back on topic now. My bad, I got this one off-topic. Back to discussion of the Battle-e cards!

7. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

I posted this over at GameFAQs, and I'm gonna post it here...

Just wondering... two of my cards from my Iron Defense pack had a foil mark on them... Mine were Lady Hillary and Swimmer Annie..

Two of my cards from my Freezing Ray pack had a foil mark on them... Mine were Sailor Oscar and Gentleman Antnio...

Two of my cards from my Hidden Ruins pack had a foil mark on them... Mine were Pokéfan Justine and Youngster Jeffery.

Anyone else seen this? And do they vary from pack to pack?

8. Tego

Tego New Member

UncleBob: have you tried scanning them yet? Can you give us any news about what the card did?

9. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

UncleBob - I'm looking at the instructions (finally stumbled accross the cards in a box of eReader cards at Best Buy), and they say "Trainers with this icon may have Special Pokemon" (referring to the silvery star icon in the middle).

Can't wait to start using them!

TeGo - There are three different packs (as Uncle Bob listed above), each containing two "sets" or themes of cards. Each themed set of cards has 8 trainers and one berry. Each trainer has three pokemon (like the Lady Astrid and Gentleman Nils) at similar levels. The Pokemon range from lvl 50s to lvl 100. There are a total of 48 different trainers, and 6 different berries. Some of the Trainers appear both is Mossdeep City and at the Battle Tower (according to the instructions). The pokemon are all holding items, mostly good-to-have items like Leftovers, Shell Bell, Magnet, Black Glasses, Scope Lens, Light Ball, etc.

I bought them for $5.99 per pack at Best Buy.

10. dooskoop

dooskoop New Member

Are these cards compatible with the regular card game or are they solely for use with the Game Boy Advance?

11. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

dooskoop - they are strictly for use with the eReader and the GBA games Ruby and Saphire. They, like the cards which ship with the Game Boy Advance games, allow scanning in of new trainers. These new cards also bring rare berries into your game.

12. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Just so you know

MAJOR SPOILER

the gold/silvery stamped cards contain 1 of 3 different Pokemon never before seen (legitimately) in Hoenn. 2 from the RBY games, and 1 from the GSC games. they are...............

Blastoise

Gengar

Houndoom

there are 6 total cards stamped like this, 2 per series, and there are 2 cards of each of these Pokemon

they will NOT show up in your dex, or be obtainable, you will simply be able to battle them in Mossdeep only!!!!!

13. P_A

P_A Active Member

Now I know there's no point in buying them. That was the sole purpose for me to buy them - to get pokemon in my pokedex that wouldn't normally be able to. Guess I'll just have to wait until Nintendo releases Coluseum or something like that for gamecube, maybe then we can get a game to have all 386. (possibly, hopefully)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.