Pokémon BreaKeys!

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by GreatFox, Dec 23, 2003.

1. GreatFox

GreatFox New Member

2. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

The final insult to WotC. ;)

I never really got this. They're like wishbones, only cheaper.

3. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

Agreed, and just what prizes are there?

4. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

One of my Leaguers saw Breakeys at GenCon and wondered "What's to prevent you from scratching off the code and claiming the prize?"

5. IndigoMaster

IndigoMaster New Member

oh my god... breakey > me

i swear...at gencon...that was more addicting that the benchwarmers booth.,........well almost

6. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

That looks so dumb it's not even funny. Why waste your money on a little plastic key thing? Of course, my parents say the same kind of thing about Pokemon cards...

7. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

Those stupid things were all over the place at GenCon Indy... Out of all the different Pokemon paraphenalia this is the most idiotic move made by The Pokemon Company and Nintendo. The Upper Deck "game development" staff should never place this mockery of a "game" onto their resumes once Upper Deck kicks the bucket. The marketing staff should win awards for the best misleading product description: "BreaKey is the ultimate battle of knowledge, luck and physical skill where two or more opponents challenge one another using their collection of keys to BREAK OFF and WIN!" Win what, plastic? And knowledge, how does knowledge play a role in twisting two keys together? Don't let me start about physical skill.

I for one remember Nintendo and The Pokemon Company reassuring the community that they were going to focus on their three key parts of the Pokemon Franchise from this point on: Video Games, Card Games, and the Anime. I'm not impressed. :mad:
    -Phil

8. penguin_master

penguin_master New Member

That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. I'm not joking.

9. farbsman

farbsman New Member

I don't plan on purchasing them, sounds like a big waste of money. Now the Poke-clix I heard about sounded pretty cool though.

10. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

Heh I still have my GenCon Indy BreaKeys to finish off (still got ~50 packets left). I don't need pokemon ones.

11. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Sounds like the Pokemon Spinning Coins (now three packs for $1.00 at KB Toys) or the Pokemon Marble shooters.

Just companies trying to catch lightning in a bottle again.

12. IndigoMaster

IndigoMaster New Member

don't put it down till you've tried it...thats all i can really say, they look stupid, but they aren't that bad

13. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

Why don't you just get a bunch turkeys and break the wishbones off of them. At least you'd be able to eat the turkey before you break the wishbone. Its much more satisfying than wasting your money on a game of pure luck.