Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokémon BreaKeys!

One of my Leaguers saw Breakeys at GenCon and wondered "What's to prevent you from scratching off the code and claiming the prize?"

That looks so dumb it's not even funny. Why waste your money on a little plastic key thing? Of course, my parents say the same kind of thing about Pokemon cards...

Those stupid things were all over the place at GenCon Indy... Out of all the different Pokemon paraphenalia this is the most idiotic move made by The Pokemon Company and Nintendo. The Upper Deck "game development" staff should never place this mockery of a "game" onto their resumes once Upper Deck kicks the bucket. The marketing staff should win awards for the best misleading product description: "BreaKey is the ultimate battle of knowledge, luck and physical skill where two or more opponents challenge one another using their collection of keys to BREAK OFF and WIN!" Win what, plastic? And knowledge, how does knowledge play a role in twisting two keys together? Don't let me start about physical skill.

I for one remember Nintendo and The Pokemon Company reassuring the community that they were going to focus on their three key parts of the Pokemon Franchise from this point on: Video Games, Card Games, and the Anime. I'm not impressed. :mad:
-Phil

I don't plan on purchasing them, sounds like a big waste of money. Now the Poke-clix I heard about sounded pretty cool though.

Sounds like the Pokemon Spinning Coins (now three packs for $1.00 at KB Toys) or the Pokemon Marble shooters.

Just companies trying to catch lightning in a bottle again.

Why don't you just get a bunch turkeys and break the wishbones off of them. At least you'd be able to eat the turkey before you break the wishbone. Its much more satisfying than wasting your money on a game of pure luck.

Back