Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokémon CaC Contest: Constant Expansions - Second Round Begins! Cards due June 21!!!

charmander rox

Alright, now that Cardzmaster2004's Top Design contest is done, I've decided to start a contest of my own. This contest is going to be kind of strange, because the first card you make to apply for this contest is going to be very, VERY important to the rest of the contest. It will be known as your base card.

One person will be eliminated every round, which may or may not be weekly. People who don't make a card on time will be eliminated, in addition to the weakest card made.

Anybody may apply; however, when I start the contest off, I will cut down all entrants to 16, at the maximum. meditite rox is the co-judge.

Here is the rubric:
Top stats: 5 points
Are they all there? Do they make sense?
Picture: 10 points
Be descriptive. One line of text, minimum.
Powers/Bodies/Items/Attacks/etc.: 30 points
This is very important. Make sure that they make sense.
Flavor Text: 5 points
Should make sense, and should be as long as ordinary flavor text.
Bottom stats: 5 points
Are the + and - values present? Do they make sense? Does the Retreat Cost correspond properly with the HP?
Grammar: You lose 1 point for every error spotted. Use é.

I highly suggest that you read MegaVelocibot's Guide to the Pokegym.net CaC Forum.

Your first challenge is to make one Pokémon card. Here are the limitations:
It must not have any extra attachments to its name.
It must not be LV.X.
It must be the final stage of its evolution.
It must not be boring, at all. Don't put a throw-away attack on this card. You will regret it.

Once this challenge starts, you will no longer be able to edit your base card. If you do, you will be immediately disqualified.

Here is my base card example:

Charizard LV.43 130HP [R]
STAGE 2 - Evolves from Charmeleon

[Charizard is flying low over a lake. It's left wing is just barely over the water, and Charizard is creating a ripple effect around itself. Charizard is currently facing the picture, in the middle of a turn to the left.]

[Poké-POWER] Heat of Battle
As often as you like during your turn (before you attack), you may move 1 Energy card from 1 of your Pokémon to Charizard. This power can't be used if Charizard is affected by a Special Condition.

[R][R][C][C] Inferno 70+
Discard as many [R] Energy cards attached to Charizard as you like. This attack does 70 damage plus 10 more damage for each Energy discarded in this way, in addition to 30 damage to a number of your opponent's Benched Pokémon equal to the amount of Energy discarded in this way. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

[Charizard gets its power from the heat energy around it. When it is surrounded by intense heat, its power grows.]

W - [W]+30
R - [F]-20
RC - [C][C]

Thank you, and good luck.

CURRENT CONTESTANTS:
Godzfirefly (Heracross)
GlaceonFTW (Glaceon)
wally (Darkrai)
The Supes (Pinsir)
Lucario EX (Gardevoir)
vadrake (Roserade)
DarthPika (Raichu)
Qwachansey (Dragonite)
Super wooper trooper (Smeargle)
NidoPrince (Weezing)
ensignmerlin (Lucario)
Cardzmaster2004 (Muk)
superwolfs (Aerodactyl)

CONTESTS;
1. Base Card
2. Evolutions/LV.X

Last edited:
I also intend to join, but am equally unsure how to make an accented e. I've actually been trying to figure that one out for months...Perhaps if you explained?

If this is a Spoiler Contest.. I'm entering.. if real card must be made.... Ignore this post

Ok, here is my entry card (I figured I'd just copy-paste your é until I know how to make my own :tongue:):

Heracross Lv. 39 -80HP- [F]
Basic Pokémon
Picture: Heracross is in an outdoor, packed-dirt fighting ring on a day with a clear, blue sky. There is a cloud of dust around Heracross's feet. Its arms are spread wide in a wrestling stance; its head is held low. It is facing slightly to the left of the 'camera,' allowing only one eye to be visible.

[Poké-Power] Deft Disarming
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a card attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon. If you do, place 3 damage counters on Heracross. You can't use more than 1 Deft Disarming Poké-Power each turn. The power can't be used if Heracross is affected by a Special Condition.

[F][C] Judo Throw 30+
If Heracross was damaged by an attack during your opponent's last turn, this attack does 30 damage plus 20 more damage and your opponent switches the Defending Pokémon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokémon.

[F][F][C] Precision Strike 60
If the Defending Pokémon is a [P] type, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Flavor Text: Heracross bred by humans often grow up learning several human-designed martial arts styles.

Weakness: [P]+20
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C]

Last edited:
Yes, copying and pasting é works. To make it using your keyboard, press Alt+0233.

Don't worry, this is a spoiler contest.

For this round, no, Pokémon-SP will not be used. However, they may pop up in a future round...

Well, seeing as you say this card will be very important, I guess I should make a card out of my favorite Pokemon, as I think it will make this contest funner for me. Not that you should really care :lol:

Glaceon Lv. 46 70HP {W}

Stage 1 Pokémon - Evolves from Eevee

Picture: There is a close up of Glaceon, focusing on the face of it. It is smiling and as snowflakes falling down on the lower portion of the screen. The closer you get towards the top, the bigger the snowflakes get.

Item: Nevermeltice
Each of Glaceon's attacks do 10 more damage to the Defending Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

{C} Ice Fang 10
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. If tails, discard an Energy card attached to the Defending Pokémon.

{W} Snowstorm 20
Does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply weakness and resistance for Benched Pokémon)

W - {M}+20
R - {-}
RC - {C}

By controlling its body heat, it can freeze the atmosphere around it to create a diamond-dust flurry. (Flavor Text comes from Pokemon Platinum)

Explanation: Well, the good Glaceon in Majestic Dawn has 80HP, but because of how overwhelming the attacks are, I thought I should lower the HP a little.. Ice Fang is a cheap attack, that is always beneficial. Snowstorm is a solid spreading attack, and is very similar to Froslass' attack. The rest of the card is very simple, and not overly extreme.

Last edited:
Darkrai Lv. 45 90 HP [D]
Basic Pokemon

Picture: A Darkrai entering a house through a closed wooden door... it has an evil smile....a Gastly, Duskull, Shuppet is seen peeking at a broken glass window. An old Blue cupboard is seen with a missing door. Inside it can be seen a few jar of dust.

[Poké-Body] - Midnight Glow
Remove 1 damage counter from all of your [D] Pokémon that has any [D] energy attached to it, between turns. You can't use more than 1 Midnight Glow Poké-Body each turn.

[D] Luring 20
The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.

[D][C][C] Moon Rage 100
Does 20 damage to all of your Pokémon in play (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon).

Flavor Text: Darkrai wonders around at night giving innocent people unpleasant dreams.

Weakness - [F] x2
Resistance - [P] -20
Retreat Cost - [C][C]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Same Pokemon but with some edit

Darkrai Lv. 45 90 HP [D]
Basic Pokémon

Picture: A Darkrai entering a house through a closed wooden door... it has an evil smile....a Gastly, Duskull, Shuppet is seen peeking at a broken glass window. An old Blue cupboard is seen with a missing door. Inside it can be seen a few jar of dust.

[Poké-Body] - Midnight Glow
Remove 1 damage counter from each of your [D] Pokémon that has any [D] Energy attached to it, at the beginning of your turn. You can't use more than 1 Midnight Glow Poké-Body each turn.

[D] Luring 20
The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.

[D][C][C] Moon Rage 100
Does 20 damage to all of your Pokémon (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon).

Flavor Text: Darkrai wanders around at night giving innocent people unpleasant dreams.

Weakness - [F] x2
Resistance - [P] -20
Retreat Cost - [C][C]

Last edited:
Pinsir Lv. 48 -80HP- [G]
Basic Pokémon

Picture: Pinsir is seen violently chopping down a a tree with his pincers from the front, both arm pull back besaide him in a energetic charge. Many other trees are flying through the air behind him, indicating this mad charge has had him copping down rows of trees in a matter of seconds. His head is of course turned downward and pupils ujpward, glaring qat the viewer menacingly. Splinted wood flys every chaotically.

[C] Grip and Hold 20
The Defending Pokémon cannot retreat during your opponent's next turn.

[G][C] Faceplant 80
You can't use this attack unless you used Grip and Hold on the Defending Pokémon last turn.

[G][C] Long Toss 40
This attack does 40 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. You can't use this attack unless you used Grip and Hold on the Defending Pokémon last turn.

[G][C][C] Crush Pincer 50
Discard all cards attached to the Defending Pokémon, excluding Energy cards. You can't use this attack unless you used Grip and Hold on the Defending Pokémon last turn.

Pinsir can crush any materal, even Diamond, if left in the grasp of their spiked pincers long enough.

W-[R]+20
R-
RC-[C][C]

Last edited:
Gardevoir Lv. 51 110 HP
(P) Stage 2
Evolves from Kirlia

Picture: Shows a Gardevoir standing in front of a trainer, using psychic power to redirect a fire attack from an Arcanine. A Team Rocket Admin is standing off to the side, seemingly commanding the Arcanine. The background is a dusty path surrounded by trees, all curved down slightly.

Poké-BODY Protector
As long as Gardevoir is your Active Pokémon, prevent all effects of opponent's attacks not done to a Pokémon (yours or your opponent's).

(P) Energy Flash 20
Flip a coin for each basic Energy card attached to Gardevoir. For each heads, choose a Special Condition. The Defending Pokémon is now affected by those Special Conditions.

Gardevoir form powerful bonds with their Trainers, and will defend them at any cost.

Weakness (P)+30 Resistance 0 Retreat Cost (C)(C)

Just curious... ..did I left anything from my card?

Roserade Lv 49 Hp 90 [G]
Evolves from Roselia

Item: Weather Charm
Once per turn, you may discard 2 cards from your hand and select a basic Energy card attached to Roserade. Roserade is the same type as that Energy card until the end of your opponent's next turn.

[C] Grass Knot 10
If there are any basic [G] Energy attached to Roserade, you may have this attack do an extra 10 damage for each [C] in the Defending Pokémon's Retreat Cost.

[C][C][C] Weather Ball 50+
You may select one of your Benched Pokémon that is the same type as a basic Energy card attached to Roserade. If you selected a [R] Pokémon, this attack does an 50 damage plus 20 damage, and the Defending Pokémon is now Burned. If you selected a [W] Pokémon, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused, and remove 2 damage counters from Roserade. If you selected a [F] Pokémon, all damage done to the Defending Pokémon until the end of your next turn is increased by 20, and reduce all damage done to Roserade by 20 until the end of your next turn.

Weakness: [R] + 20
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C]

Picture: Roserade is relaxing on a fold out chair under the clouds. It has its eyes closed, as though it could go to sleep any moment.

Flavor Text: As a Grass Pokémon, Roserade has long shared a strong relationship with the weather. Ever since the development of the move Weather Ball, it has enjoyed far more than sunny days.

Last edited:
Raichu Lv.46 HP 90 [L]
Stage 1
Evolves from Pikachu

Picture: A Raichu cloaked in darkness. Only by a few, small, yellow crackles of electricity snapping from its cheeks and curling around its glowing tail is its location revealed. It's eyes sparkle gently in the darkness making its grin apear all the more sinister. By the dim light it is possible to see that the Raichu is preparing to attack something in the distance.

:pbody: Static Glow
Once during your opponent's turn, if Raichu would be damaged by an attack, you may discard 1 card from your hand and put one damage counter on the defending Pokémon.

[L][C] Lightning Surge 10X

Search your discard pile for as many [L] Energy cards as you like, show them to your opponent, and this attack does 10 damage to each pokemon in play (both yours and your opponent's). (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) Place those cards on top of your deck. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[L][L][L] Thunder Lock

Discard the top 5 cards of your deck. This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponents Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) If you discarded any Energy cards from your deck with this attack, your opponent can't use any Poké-Powers during his or her next turn.

The boom of thunder from a Raichu's lightning is loud enough to shatter glass up to 1 mile away.

Weakness - [F] + 20

Resistance - [M] - 20

Retreat Cost - [C]

Last edited:
Back