Pokémon Mid-Atlantic Regional Championships
Sunday, April 9, 2006 - 10:00am

The Inn at Chester Springs
815 North Pottstown Pike (Rte 100)
Exton, Pa. 19341
registration begins at 9:00am

2006 Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Series - April 2006
Frequently Asked Questions

What are Pokémon TCG Regional Championships?
The Pokémon® TCG Regional Championships™ are title events where players in each of the three POP-recognized age categories can earn the title of Regional Champion! Results of the Regional Championships count toward your Modified Constructed Rating!

In addition, the Regional Championships now award a travel award to the US National Championships! The Regional Championships will be held in thirteen locations in April 2006.

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 finishers in each of three age groups (10 & Under; 11-14; and 15 and up).

Players who have won a Regional Championship event in the 2005-2006 Tournament Season are not eligible to play in additional Regional Championship events.

The Pokémon® TCG Regional Championship events are open to all eligible players in good standing and are run using the Age Modified Swiss format. In addition, the Pokémon TCG Regional Championship series events are also Pokémon World Championship TM Qualifiers. The Regional Championships will be held in thirteen locations. Results of this event will count towards your rankings.

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 finishers in each of three age groups (10 & Under; 11-14; and 15 and up).

What does it cost to attend? There is no entry fee to participate in the Pokémon TCG Regional Championships.

Format: You must bring your own deck to play. Your deck must comply with the Modified Format as outlined in the Pokémon Tournament Rules.

Bring your POP ID card, if you have one. If you don't have a POP ID, one will be given to you at the event.

What are the prizes?

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category. Our age categories are 10 & Under, 11-14, and 15 and up.

Participants will receive a Pokémon TCG Regional Championship promo card, a commemorative Regional Championships pin, and two POP Series Two 2-card promo packs while supplies last, just for playing!

The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

A Pokémon TCG Regional Champion Trophy
A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18), US Residents only, to the 2006 US National Championships at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio! (Visit www.originsgames.com for more information)
A scholarship award worth $2000 (Click http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/events/docs/scholarship_Terms and Conditions.doc for scholarship details and restrictions)
Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place

A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
A scholarship award worth $1000 (Click http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/events/docs/scholarship_Terms and Conditions.doc for scholarship details and restrictions)

3rd Place

A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
A scholarship award worth $750 (Click http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/events/docs/scholarship_Terms and Conditions.doc for scholarship details and restrictions)

4th Place

A scholarship award worth $750 (Click http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/events/docs/scholarship_Terms and Conditions.doc for scholarship details and restrictions)

5th through 8th Place

A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

How do I collect my travel award and Origins badge?

Upon receiving your prize package at your Regional Championships, the Tournament Organizer will give you a packet of forms to return to Pokémon USA, Inc. as well as an Origins pre-registration form. The forms must be postmarked no later than May 8th, 2006, in order to qualify for the benefits.

If your forms are not received by the May 8th deadline, your travel award prize will be waived, and you will not be eligible to receive a travel award.

Once the proper paperwork has been received, the winner will be contacted by Air Fulfillment Services to reserve flights and hotel accommodations. The travel award consists of travel and two nights accommodations at the Hyatt Regency Columbus at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.

The Origins pre-registration form must be returned to Origins at the address provided on the form, by the deadline given on the form, in order to secure your four-day badge. Players who fail to get their pre-registration forms to Origins in time will lose the benefit of free admission to the convention.

Other players planning to attend the USA Pokémon TCG National Championships at Origins should consider booking accommodations early. Origins is a very popular event, and the hotels nearest the Convention Center fill up quickly. A list of hotels near the Convention Center, as well as other helpful information, can be found at www.originsgames.com.

Questions?? email [email protected]

Please post here if there are any questions or if you think of info which should be added!

Sunday Regional...Brave jedi who run this one!

Sounds like a blast - how far from Chicago is this one (I know a LOT of people will be at Chicago the day before)

PM me with directions, and we will be happy to promote at the Chicago Regional! on 4/8/06

Vince

Not so much bravery as out of necessity (from what the PTO tells me :wink:)...

[edit] Directions from Chicago to Exton

Distance: 724.9 miles Approximate Travel Time: 11 hours 9 mins

[another edit]Let's see the folks from Milford, Mass come on down to Penna and play on Sunday too!!!

Last edited:
That time/distance sounds about right, it took a long time to do that ~1000 miles to Philly last year for your event. I'm sorry that I won't be able to make it this time, Rainbow Richards. See yah at Nats!

A Regional Championship on a Sunday? It's doubtful. And just out of curiousity, is this the same lady who ran Regionals in Philly?

Yes and yes.

However, the new Tournament Operations Management software will eliminate many of the "questionables" that were in evidence last year...

RainbowRichards said:
Please post here if there are any questions or if you think of info which should be added!

Does anyone have hotel/motel info for this event. Reasonably close and priced :wink:

Thanks
:pokeball:

Im getting a Ride With Dragonlordbuu on the gym. (Frankie) Hopefully I do good.

Do u win a Trip to worlds if u win this??? I didnt play last year so i dont know to much. I knew how to play for years but didnt play it just collected. Then I started Playing and did pretty good. Now Im ranked 3rd in state in my age group on www.Op.pokemon-tcg.com I think i have a good chance of winning. Anyone Know what kind of Deck that Joe Getsi Plays or Benjamin Sauk??? Or there names on pokegym??

Miamisportsfan45 said:
Do u win a Trip to worlds if u win this??? I didnt play last year so i dont know to much.

*points to prize list in the 1st post* There is not a trip or invite to Worlds. The 1st place finishers earn:

• A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18), US Residents only, to the 2006 US National Championships at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio!
  • Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio.

RainbowRichards said:
*points to prize list in the 1st post* There is not a trip or invite to Worlds. The 1st place finishers earn:

• A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18), US Residents only, to the 2006 US National Championships at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio!
  • Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio.

What happens If u win the 2006 Us Championships in ohio???

There is a possibblilty that I might go. If I do, then I'll meet the Double R for the 1st time and Espeonchris14 will meet him for the 2nd.

Back