Pokémon Video Game Showdown at worlds!

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by SD PokeMom, May 15, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

http://showdown.pokemon.com/

This summer, 64 of the best Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl players from Japan and the United States will compete for the ultimate crown at the Pokémon Video Game Showdown Finals.
    Two Pokémon Video Game Showdown Qualifier Tournaments will identify the best players in the United States, and these Pokémon Trainers will earn an invitation to compete the weekend of August 15th, in Florida, at the Hilton in the Walt Disney World Resort.
    Both the Pokémon Video Game Showdown and the Pokémon TCG World Championships are taking place at the same location, so the weekend of August 15th is destined to be one of the most competitive Pokémon events ever witnessed!

'mom

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  2. dtrain

dtrain New Member

3. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Only 2 US qualifiers? Lame.

At least I'll be able to see the finals.

4. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

So it's another chance for Jeremy Sharff-Kim to Explode into double Protect =D.

5. Jran Sakarra

Jran Sakarra New Member

Yay!
    I have been working on a team just for this kind of thing!

6. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

I am a little confused about it. So, americans vs. japanese for D&P at worlds?

7. Magnechu

Magnechu Active Member

God I get to win Worlds AND the Video Game Showdown?! This is going to be the best weekend of my LIFE!

8. ChristianOrtiz

ChristianOrtiz New Member

ILu mikey :]

but uhh im winning it ^^

lol i have like no chance XD

9. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

I'm gonna try at the new york qualifier

I'm kind of terrible at the game but if you can believe you can succeed is my motto.

However the registering thing takes forEVER

10. Nightmare

Nightmare New Member

Hey Jason, if you want practice at Doubles hit me up at league next time you see me.

Just don't tell me you have a hacked game, OK?

-James

11. Jran Sakarra

Jran Sakarra New Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!
    I took the test and aced it and when I hit send I got a error saying "This plge can not be displayed" and it won't let me retake it!
    Why me?

12. I took the test and got a perfect score.....easy as pie....can't wait!!!

CMT

13. Jran Sakarra

Jran Sakarra New Member

OK, it let me retake it since I never got to send in my answers due to server error!
    I made a perfect score...
    They need a harder test.
    I aced the test when they did Journey Across America!
    Now lets see if my name gets drawn!
    I am so hyper.
    Unlike last time you don't get a place if you ace the test before others...
    Its all luck after the test.
    Kinda stinks.

14. Alex

Alex New Member

Problem: Even if I make it, I don't really know anyone who will drive me to NYC for this and I seriousllly doubt my mom would.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

17/20! I made it!:smile:

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  15. furrymuskrat03

furrymuskrat03 New Member

dang rules. i would go to NY, but the lv.50 rul;e sux

16. ashinto

ashinto New Member

all pokemon have to be lv.50, bull. i wanted to use the team i ahvebeen using in the double battle room in the battle tower (flygon, swampert, empoleon, sceptile) but the are all lv.100. and all of my other good pokemon are above lv.50. i hope that they mean that the levels go down to fifty. and mabye they are diong this so n00bs at the game or people that suk at it have a chance of winning and they feel special, when in reality, we should be able to kick the poop out of them. tis a shame.....

17. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Nope, that is why Dragonite, Tyraitar and Regigigas are banned, because you can only acces them at Levels over 50. I wish there was a Grinder for this lol. I'd love to play and I'm pretty sure I'm good enough to qualify. Oh well.

18. CyberManectric

CyberManectric Active Member

Yeah, that Lv.50 rule is a pain. Still seems like a great tournament though. I hope they do more OP DS Tournaments like this in the future.
    ~Cyber~

19. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

I fally got to submit my test results and...I got 15/20 so I made it

However, I am pretty mad since Wabbufet isn't banned, he is going to be in everyone's team

20. Mew

Mew New Member

Wobby is bad. He's just a waller, only weaker than Bliss.
    The only reason he's ever been banned is on the off chance that you and your opponent would be using Wobbs with leftovers. They can never kill each other, and they can't switch out, so the game ends in a tie.