poke pre release sleeves illegal to use in tournements??

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by glaceon_master, May 28, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. glaceon_master

glaceon_master New Member

ok so i was at the pokemon league getting ready for battle roads and my LL said that we cant use the pre-realse sleeves of pokemon and i asked him why and he said we jsut cant do it and he said that its a new rule or something i need a professer to tell me if its true or not cause i think it s baloney that i cant use it

fixed
    ~Prime

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2008
  2. Jason

Jason New Member

you are allow to use these sleeves, im sure of it :)

3. Dual_Draw

Dual_Draw New Member

You can, I used them last week at a BR, and so did most other people

4. Cresprit

Cresprit New Member

Most people in Portland, Oregon Battle Roads were using prerelease sleeves from one set or another. I saw three or four people, not including me, out of about 90 who weren't using prerelease sleeves.

5. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Active Member

Uh, there's a little more than that.

6. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Any pre-DP prerelease sleeves (like the TmTa ones) you cannot use, but the ones from DP onwards should be perfectly fine for tournaments.

7. DukeFireBird

DukeFireBird Gallery Administrator<br>Forum Moderator

As long as the sleeves have a soild border along all the edges of the card, and if there is any art on it, it must be Pokemon art (Japanese pokeball, character, or DP-on Prerelease)

Side note, the Lucario sleeves from Diamond Pearl are Translucent on the white part, so if your planning to Use Japanese cards, make sure either use an entirely Japanese deck, or use other sleeves.

~Duke

8. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

quoting from the section Chairman Kaga posted, this is the critical sentence:

The use of sleeves with any form of pattern or artwork on the back of the sleeve is strictly prohibited at all Premier Events, unless the sleeve is an official Pokémon sleeve, where the color along all four edges of the sleeve is identical.​
    Bold added for emphasis.

The prerelease sleeves are official Pokemon sleeves and they have solid color along the edges.
    They are indeed legal for Battle Roads and all other premeire events.
    Your League Leader seems to have read the first part of the rules, but not the exceptions that are alllowed, which are PR and other official sleeves.

9. famicomman

famicomman New Member

ok, by Official POkemon sleeves, would this include the sleeves from the Japan ese 1998 season that say Pocket Monsters on the back wound a PokeBall.
    EDIT: Here are the sleeves I speak of.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  10. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Yes, official Japanese Pokemon sleeves are also allowed.
    That is why it just says Pokemon and not "Pokemon USA Inc".

11. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Has PCL used more than one card back design on the Japanese product? just curious - could be my failing memory.

12. gutsygligar

gutsygligar New Member

PCL changed the backs on the Japanese cards somewhere between the Neo sets and Expedition.