Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Poke transferring question

fieryseraph

Hello,

Is it true that you can't transfer pokes from the older GBA games (FireRed) to Diamond/Pearl that have been taught a move by a Hidden Machine?

That is crazy, I just read that on a how-to FAQ. If you get rid of that move that was taught to them (using a TM, deleting the move, etc.), can they then be transferred?

Oh... also - I assume that once you transfer it, it is removed from your save game on the original cartridge?

Hrmm.... thanks! (have a GBA now, buying a DS soon...)

Last edited:
Yeah, unfortunetely you have to delte any Hidden Moves on the GBA Pokemon you want to transfer over.
So go to the Move Deleter (TMs I don't think will delete a HM) wherever he/she is in the GBA game.

Then delete all HMs. Then they can be transfered.

Quick tips on transfers.

There must be at least 6 Pokemon in a storage box in order to transfer.
If you want to transfer a Pokemon that is in your party, you have to put it in a box first.
You can only transfer 6 Pokemon (must be 6) at a time.
You can only transfer from a specific game once per 24 hours. So if you transfer something from Leaf Green at 6 pm, you have to wait till after 6 pm the next day to transfer again.
Each game can transfer once per 24 hours. (So if you have all 5 GBA games, you can transfer 30 Pokemon a day).
You can transfer items from the GBA games (including TMs, Pokeballs, Items, Medicine, etc. No HMs or Key Items though). A Pokemon will have to be holding the item to do so.
Once you transfer from a GBA game to Diamond/Pearl it is permanent so you will lose that Pokemon in that game (it will be in the Pokedex still).

Seems kind of dumb that you can't transfer Pokemon with HM moves on them.

Also, there is a way around the 24 hour rule: just changet your DS time/day setting to a day later, stick in another Pokemon cartridge, then try transfering (it'll fail for that one). Now take the one cartridge that you do want to transfer Pokemon from and plug it in, it'll let you transfer then from that cartridge and others..

Learn Dive

Seel/Dewgong
Wailmer/Wailord
Huntail/Gorebyss
Relicanth
Phione
Manaphy

Last edited:
No this is SPARTA!!(could not resist).

Yep, they made a Pikachu that learned to Surf (they even did it in the Anime).
You can get one from Pokemon Battle Revolution for Diamond/Pearl.

There have been Surfing Pikachus since Yellow.

In Yellow, there was a Pikachu Surfing Mini-Game.
In Stadium, I think there was some way to get a Surfing Pikachu.
In Box, you can get a Pichu egg with Surf.
In PBR, you can get a Surfing, Volt Tackling Pikachu after beating it.
There was a Surfing Pikachu at Hawaii.

I think that's all of them.

Let's see...in Stadium, you had to go through R2 in the Master Ball cup Lv 100 mode with a Pikachu on your team (Pikachu must be on your 3-Pokemon team each battle so you're essentially limited to your other 2 Pokemon). When you beat it finally, it'll offer to teach your Pikachu Surf. Then presumably you'd use this in the Yellow Version for the mini game.

And charmander rox covered all the other ones I know of, though I think Japan might have had an event for Surfing Pikachu though.

Back