Pokebody: Magmortar SW - Flame Body.

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by P_A, Dec 9, 2007.

1. P_A

P_A Active Member

In regard to this thread and ruling I have a question. I can understand how DRE would activate the pokebody - there's no question there since that provides every type of energy. However the actual act of attaching a scramble energy does not necessarily mean to me that it should activate it. Scramble does not provide all types of energy until it is attached AND the player is behind on prizes. To me, that means it has to be attached first, then the energy has to check if the player is behind on prizes. Am I wrong in thinking this is a second step that is done after it is attached, or does the scramble energy provide all energy types in the player's hand before it is attached, just as long as the player is behind on prizes?

Just for reference here are the pertinent details:

(SW) Magmortar's Flame Body pokebody reads

"When you attach a :fire: energy card from your hand to Magmortar, remove 2 damage counters from Magmortar."

(DF) Scramble energy reads

"Scramble energy can be attached only to an Evolved Pokemon (excluding Pokemon-ex) Scramble Energy provides :colorless Energy. While in play, if you have more Prize cards left than your opponent, Scramble Energy provides every type of Energy but provides only 3 in any combination at a time. If ....," Blah Blah Blah.

To me, that means that Scramble provides :colorless energy up until it is attached, and has to be in play before it can check, and therefore misses the point where the pokebody checks to see if a fire energy is attached.

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Neither Scramble nor DRE provide all energy types until they are attached.
    The timing is that the card is attached and then the power checks to see if it provides the correct color.
    By the time that happens, they do.